Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What are you including in your wedding ceremony?

Lynnie, on April 10, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 22

Besides the vows, obviously! Smiley winking What are you including in your wedding ceremony?

Will you have songs, readings, a unity ceremony...? Are you including your children in a special, or taking a moment to honour loved ones? Share your ceremony plans!

What are you including in your wedding ceremony? 1

Photo from Phillippe Mariages FSEV Weddings in Mirabel, Quebec

22 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 7, 2019 at 00:11
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Atleast one (hopefully both) of my brothers will be doing the ceremony and i have an officiant to sign the papers. Instead of rings we are doing a tree planting ceremony where we will plant a baby jade tree in a pot for our home. He has autism and has issues with jewelery (we will be getting tattoos) and my fingers swell. past that i got no idea

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister in law will be officiant of the day so she will stand along side the officiant and perform parts of the ceremony (the actual officiant will have to do certain parts of it to ensure it is legal), and we are doing a wine box ceremony! No readings or anything.. We want it short and sweet.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Short and sweet! A quick speech from our officiant, a quick prayer, our vows a kiss and we were done! We had even signed papers before the ceremony started so we didn’t have to set up a signing table or include that in the ceremony.
  • Sherisse
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that sounds so nice!
  • Sherisse
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony might be a little long; we are having a poem, exchanging our vows. I’m singing mine *musician* and then we are jumping the broom and of course the signing
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just the basics ☺️ Neither one of us like to be the focus, even in front of close family and friends.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a reading but that is really the only "Additional" ceremony things we are doing. We want to keep the ceremony as short as possible.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd like to include a few poems, but as it's a Catholic ceremony, I don't think that's going to happen. The priest is kinda of a stick-in-the-mud, unfortunately.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're keeping it simple with the basics and legalities to get married - I'll cry regardless lol

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have made room for a reading or 2. undecided as to if we are going to do one or both.

We are also doing a wine box ceremony!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a couple readings. One is read by a bridesmaid, an Irish blessing for my late father. We're having traditional vows. Getting him to write them would be terrible as it took him 3 months to find dress clothes to wear
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My niece will kick off the ceremony with a quick declaration (a line from a Sharon Lois and Bram song.) And she, my mother and nephew (ring bearers) will start the processional,followed by my little cousins blowing bubbles, and then me and my dad.
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a short ceremony and included two non-religious readings. The first was a poem by Frank O’Hara called “having a coke with you” (husband was an English major- he insisted on it) and the other was “he’s not perfect” by Bob Marley. In retrospect, I wish we had programs with the readings printed on them because most of my friends (science nerds, not literature nerds) didn’t recognize the poem and thought he wrote it for me
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just the basics ☺️
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just the basics. All the legal stuff, our vows, ring exchange, sign the papers and kiss and we're married!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are including 2 short readings, and I think our officiant has asked to choose a blessing of some sort, but she gave us a choice of A or B !

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg that is so cute!! hahah

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are adding in a sand ceremony Smiley smile!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We want our ceremony to be short and sweet! A quick laugh and an "I do" from both of us and then off to sign the papers!

The only thing I can see us adding is perhaps something like the mixing of wines and then both having a sip of them? IDK, I want to make a pb&j and share it but that is kind of hard to have ready to do... but I like the childish aspect of it!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only additional thing we are including in our ceremony is a Greek crown unity ceremony. Our best man will pass the two tied crowns over our heads three times and then we walk around the altar three times.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing readings. No songs for us. I’m not catholic and my FH is so our ceremony should actually be quite fast.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For ours theres this prayer and you have to kneel at one point.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics