Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Well, we are married!

Jennifer, on September 25, 2019 at 16:06 Posted in Just married 0 17

The day was... interesting.

We forgot the marriage license at the hotel.
My husband wore the wrong tie, which of course was the FIRST thing out of my mouth at our first look for some unknown reason :/
The DJ played the wrong song for our first dance.
My husband got stabbed with his boutonniere and bled EVERYWHERE (thank god for TIDE pens).
Oh. And my MOH and her family of 5 left at dinner due to some perceived slight from the night before, without saying a WORD to me. I went looking for her and someone let me know that they saw her packing her things and that she had left to drive back home. After 4 days, I messaged her to ask what the hell was going on, and apparently because I made a smart ass comment about her and her friends love of the musician Drake the night before the wedding in a joking way with a bunch of our friends, she decided that I was being disrespectful and unappreciative (nevermind inviting her whole family and making sure they had specially made meals due to dietary/religious restrictions) and that the proper course of action was to just LEAVE MY WEDDING. And then she had the nerve to tell me she has never disrespected me before like I did to her that night (and yes, I clarified. It was literally all due to the comment about a musician she apparently "doesn't even like" anymore). Can you tell I'm bitter? So needless to say, that was the shortest friendship breakup after a wedding in history.

BUT. We are married. Other than the MIA MOH there was no drama, someone made a mad dash to the hotel to get the license, and aside from some awkward laughing between myself and my husband about what dumb asses we are, the marriage was official pretty quick. We had an amazing night. We danced until our feet were ready to fall off, and then headed back to our hotel to continue the party until we finally gave up and went to bed. And it was amazing. Don't let the little (or the big) things get to you fellow WW couples. In the end, it will all go exactly as it is supposed to, and it will be magical.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 7, 2019 at 20:53
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad that you didn't let your runaway MOH ruin your night! Congratulations on your big day!

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I heard a great tip from someone that involved using magnets instead of pins for the boutonnieres to avoid the pin drama that you experienced lol. I think a friend did that at their wedding and I thought it was brilliant.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhh my goodness! Well I'm sorry to hear about the drama, but you're officially married to your best friend!!! So woohooooo!!!! Sonmuch to celebrate! The photos look amazing, you look gorgeous, I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your special day after all! Congratulations! ❤
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry that your MOH did that!! I am shocked and well she made it about her even on your day. I am happy you guys still enjoyed your night ! Things happen and honestly if it wasn't for our pastor texting me prior to the rehearsal saying don't forget the licence! I wouldn't have remembered

• Anna
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's an unfortunate turn of events about your friend. Everything else turned out and makes for good storytelling for years to come.

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding!! Looks like no hiccups at all from the proof of photography.

All the best to you and your husband!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man so many things happened!!! but who cares girl you married your best friend!!!!!!!! they say weddings bring out peoples true colors so now you know how she is so forget her!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your wedding was beautiful! Congrats Smiley ring

I'm sorry to hear you had some hiccups on the day, however, glad you didn't let them get you down Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Despite everything, I'm glad your wedding was a success and you have some stunning photos to show for it!

It amazes me how some people's true colours show through during weddings, glad you enjoyed the rest of the night despite your MOH's actions.

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous photos! The scenery is breathtaking!

I'm so sorry to hear about your MOH. What a reason to walk out on someone's wedding. Glad it all worked out regardless! You and your husband look incredibly happy!

Congratulations!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow great photos. Sorry about your moh but clearly you didn't need her anyways. I wish you all the happiness in your future together.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my... some people eh!
    Congrats to both of you! Glad you had a great time! Your pictures are beautiful
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful photos! Glad you had a fantastic time!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think there is anything you could say about Drake that would make me leave a wedding in a huff. Hopefully he will forgive you when he hears about your joke 😂 I'm glad the rest went smoothly. The pictures look amazing.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful day. Despite of all things going wrong and the up and leaving guests, you sure enjoyed yourselves.
    Some people can't handle some comments in a funny matter. She sure showed her true colours now than before and said her piece.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photos are amazing! Sorry about the drama but glad you had such a great day! Congratulations!!

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some photos Smiley smile ❤❤

Well, we are married! 1

Well, we are married! 2

Well, we are married! 3

Well, we are married! 4

Well, we are married! 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇