Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenna
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Weight loss & Health Plan

Jenna, on March 4, 2018 at 16:10 Posted in Beauty 0 22

I have a weight loss goal/ health plan that I want to be at for my big day yet it seems no matter how much I work out and eat healthily I've been stuck at the same weight for 1 month now, I've gone from 210 to 200 in 2 months and can't drop under it. Does anyone have any great workouts or healthy foods that have helped them out?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Nezuko, on March 11, 2024 at 02:40
  • Nezuko
    Newbie March 2024 California
    Nezuko ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is one nice opinion,, i have enjoyed reading it, please do more like this,, bu the way thanks for the info

• E
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Eva ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is great that you see the result, but I should say, a lot of people face the same issue when they can't drop under the lost weight. Everyone knows that in order to lose weight, we need to eat less or add more exercises to burn extra calories. I was in the same boat, so I know how hard it might be. I'm currently following a guide from https://betterme.world/articles/how-to-burn-2000-calories-a-day/ It helps to burn up to 2000 calories a day, and I noticed that it really works. Maybe it will be helpful for someone else.

• Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, something like Chronometer is great. They have a catalogue of foods and you can make recipes for things you eat often. It hooks up with fitbit if you have one and keeps everything easy and in one place. Smiley smile
  • Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly stress will make a big difference, but like some other people have said, "healthy" foods might still be higher in calories. Weight loss usually boils down to calories in versus calories out (this can mean more than workouts - going for walks, etc.). If you like bigger portions try making your meals less dense (e.g., I have a spring green or salad base to my lunches whereas my fiancé has rice or some other kind of grain). Make your own food as much as you can because then you can see what you're putting in, and try and cut down on butter and oil.

At the end of the day, try not to worry too much. You don't want spend your wedding planning time stressed and miserable! Make sure you enjoy the ways you move your body and eat some things you love once in a while.
  • Sonya
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Sonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m so glad I’m not alone in this! I’ve been plateauing forever now. One thing I’ve been doing to help is I have a private instagram where only my closest friends/bridesmaids follow and I share my progress and slip ups. It helps keep me more accountable and they motivate me too.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Interval training (cardio with high intensity intervals) is a great way to boost metabolism and weight loss. Working out where you're lifting weights isn't going to do much for weight loss. I've made that mistake. Yes, it's good to mix weights in, but cardio is the fat burner.

Also, just because you're making good food choices, doesn't mean it's best for your body and your goals. I joined Weight Watchers in February and what I have found is that many of the staple food items I considered "healthy" were actually high in points, and it's made me transition to cleaner foods. Maybe consider joining? It's easy to follow online, and there are dozens of weekly meetings to pick from where you have a support system to talk things out too, hear other peoples successes/struggles, get advice, get praise (woohoo), etc.

Also, I strongly recommend one trick: Water Only for one month. Liquids are one of the deadliest ways to sneak in TONS of extra unnecessary calories. If you try to drink only water for one month, I can practically 100% guarantee weight loss. Between coffee (creams and sugars), juice, milk, alcohol... you could easily ingest thousands of extra calories in a month without meaning to. Also, keeping hydrated with water will help your hair, skin, nails, hunger cravings, and bloating.

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've just come off 30 days with keto and are very happy with the results although its crazy strict!

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keto diet kick starts the weight loss but its very strict and can get boring. We tried it for 30 days and are happy with the results. Now we have moved on to a low cal, still watching our sugar intake. cheat day every 30 days. sugar and wheat are our enemies.

• Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having the same problem. I talked to a trainer and he set me up with a meal plan and workouts that I can do from home. Water is key! Almonds, Eggs, Grapefruits, Fish, Chicken, Salad, Sweet Potatoes, Whole Wheat Bread and Crackers, Plain Greek Yogurt, Avocados are best foods to consume.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jenna! I was in the same boat! I started eating based on the Keto diet as well as doing workouts through FitGirl and Zumba! Now the inches are falling off!
  • Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm looking to do Zumba when I go back to working 5 days a week. I hear it's amazing for the body I'll ask Goodlife about it next time I'm there! Thank you

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I try hitting the gym 4 times a week as I work 7 days and it's hard to get enough time in. I typically do 2 days of extream cardio (treadmill, elliptical, bike and maybe a few chin up's) 1 day weights and 1 day mixing it up. I have started to drink a hemp protein drink and have increased my water to 101oz a day to help flush the body. I try doing yoga before bed and when spring comes I hope to start running again as there's a 10k I want to run.

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you, I workout at goodlife and I know they have a fitness/health doctor there maybe ill pay a visit to
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could be stuck because of what you're eating. I don't mean eating healthy versus not.. but sometimes you can be eating too little, or still eating too much. You could also be still eating too many carbs to what your body prefers, etc.

If you're part of a gym you could ask the team there if they have any recommendations? MyFitnessPal is another great place with a really good community for weight loss (similar to this!)

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you are on the right track. You may just need to adjust your diet to your new regime as your body will need more fuel than it used to.
    What type of work out do you do? If you haven't tried it, a HIIT style workout may be a good change.
    Keep it up!

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was having the same issue as you. I started eating the Keto way and man the inches are Falling off!! It’s a hard transition but so worth it and I FEEL better which is also a huge bonus! For exercises I follow FitGirl and do Zumba!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You might need to add more protein, your body could be telling you it needs more fuel! I’m not sure what your diet consists of but let’s say you’re eating a chicken breast and greens for lunch and supper— try adding another chicken breast or half of one. You could try increasing your cardio work outs too as much as I hate cardio it does help me shed more weight. Ensure you’re not eating complex carbs later in the day. I’d cut down a lot on sugar as well.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it's making sure I have healthy snacks on hand, because I tend to pig out as soon as I get home from work. I've done some no bake energy bites that are great. They're a dense snack that fills me up so I don't need to eat 10.
    I've also stumbled upon hemp hearts (seeds maybe?) Which are awesome. I'm a HEAVY eater but I just sprinkle a few on a small salad and that's all I need to eat for the night.

I've lost 15 lbs in a month and I'm still melting about a half lb a day. That being said... I've gone from a steady diet of Cadbury mini eggs and Pepsi to water and dried cranberries, and adding in about 5-6 days of workouts... So I'm expecting that to level off any time now...
  • Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Jessica, I'll have to check it out Smiley smile

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Holly, I know I work 6 to 7 days a week trying to save for the wedding and I know that's been a bit stressful. I also just started to take hemp protein powder, cod liver oil, and multivitamins. I should start counting my calories I know we have stopped eating out and started to try meal prepping.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Remember that muscle is more dense than fat, so although you may not be losing weight, you are building muscle. It is always helpful to go by inches lost and how you feel more than a number on a scale (even though it's what we want), because that tells a bigger story.

I have been a part of a Facebook group for over a year now and have found great success not only for my wedding, but it is a long-term commitment, not a short term solution. It helps to have people cheering you on and keeping you accountable though more than just yourself. I'm doing a new Beachbody program (80 Day Obessesion) that is doing wonders for me along with my group. I haven't lost much weight but I am toning and shaping and I'm losing inches, which is where it counts. The meal plan is reasonable and doesn't deprive you of any food groups (I don't follow it exactly either, I still have plenty of cheat days). If you are interested you could always go onto the Beachbody website and see what it is about or feel free to message me.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the longest time I was always stuck at the same weight, recently I've gained a ton of weight due to stress from our cross Canada move. It has killed my confidence but I'm making due. I also work out and eat healthy. Also make sure you're taking daily vitamins to keep all of your insides healthy and that will also help with weight loss. My stepmom logs all of her meals and does go over her limits. It's call Macros, I believe. It's pretty much just being given an amount of fats, proteins and carbs and not going over that number. She still eats a lot of food so you won't be starved. Stress is a huge factor of weight gain/not being able to loss weight. So once you maintain your stress you should be good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics