Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Weekend or Weekday Wedding?

Lynnie, on January 25, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

When are you getting married? On a weekend or weekday?

What helped you make that decision??

Weekend or Weekday Wedding? 1

Photo by Taylor Roades Photography in Victoria

For more community conversations and tips about your wedding date, check out: How did you pick your wedding date? , Canadian Wedding Dates You Should Avoid in 2018 and 2019 , and 9 Factors to Consider When Setting Your Wedding Date !

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 1, 2018 at 11:23
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% weekend. We have several guests from out-of-town, so we're doing ours over a long weekend Sunday.

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on a Saturday! We both work Monday to Friday so it works the best
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married on a Sunday on a long weekend. My mother is a teacher, so she can’t take weekdays off, so we chose a day she could be there and be able to help and also enjoy the day.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is a Saturday. For our job (my partner and I are professors) Friday or Saturday (or Monday to be honest) is the same throng. But most of our friends work in jobs that require them to work on Saturday, so it was only convenient to do it on a Saturday, although it was significantly more expensive
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is a Saturday, we looked at the prices and as it’s a winter off season wedding it was the same price as every other day. So we picked Saturday for convenience. I noticed a little too late it’s the Saturday after Black Friday and we both work in retail. Haha our managers are gonna hate us taking that week off
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was on Friday since it was cheaper and family still got to enjoy the weekend before leaving on Sunday.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saturday. Same reasons as everyone else. Gives people time to travel there, a day to get ready for work afterward. We had also considered a Sunday of a long weekend for similar reasons, but the Saturday won out!

• Tezber
    Beginner October 2018 British Columbia
    Tezber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saturday wedding here! The majority of our guests are also from out of town.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a Saturday wedding because almost all our guests are from out of town and we didn’t want them to take too much time off of work
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on a Saturday. We didn’t want to ask our guests to take time off of work for a weekday wedding, and most people have sundays off, so they’ll have the full day to recuperate
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked a weekend date as it's easier for our family and a long weekend in August.
  • Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly wanted to our day to be a Friday to cut on some costs, but my FH wants it in a Saturday. Plus we do have some family travel in so it'll be easier for them.
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married on a Friday because it’s our 4th anniversary. (My fiancé proposed on our 3rd anniversary and gave me a promise ring on our 1st. It only seems right to do it on the same day!)
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose a Saturday - The bulk of our guests will be working or traveling on the Friday, so we didn't want to ask them to take an extra day off.

• Caraline
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Caraline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose a Saturday. We didn’t want people to have to take time off work on a Friday or worry about having to wake up for work on the Monday. Also I have some family coming from out of town and it would be difficult for them to get here for a Friday wedding.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also choose a Saturday as we leave on our honeymoon the following date 😊.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Weekend for sure, people need to drive to our location and i really want them to enjoy the night, so driving in rush hour and getting there crancky or driving the next morning would lower the expirience for all.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose a weekend as people had to drive 3 hours to get to our wedding location.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saturday all the way baby!

It's the most expensive option.. especially in the summer months like we picked. However, we have been to a few Friday/weekday weddings and didn't like the feeling of having to take time off work, or having a really long day when you try to work during the day and go have fun at night.
    We didn't want Sunday because we wanted to people to not worry about getting up early the next day!

We also picked a July wedding (originally wanted June but the venue we wanted was booked) because both our birthdays and christmas are in the fall/winter so we wanted an event on the other side of the year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics