Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Week before the wedding

Gloria, on February 22, 2020 at 09:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22
Hey guys! What’s everyone’s plans the week before their wedding? Anyone taking the week off? If not are you taking any days off before the wedding?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Symone, on March 12, 2020 at 10:49
  • Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a good note! I deffs need to book a couple days off before the wedding to get hair coloured, nails done, maybe go to the spa!
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Taking 3 days off before the wedding. Going to get my nails done, hair done and just relax and make sure everything is ready.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes im gonna take the week prior off. hair done, nails done, eyebrows done, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, taking decor to the hall and hanging out with the out of town family the week of

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking I will only take two days off before my Saturday wedding simply because if I take anymore than that I may go crazy with all the time 😝
  • K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up taking off the full week before the wedding plus the Monday Tuesday after. I work shift work so I’ll end up having just over a week and a half off. We aren’t planning our honeymoon until summer 2021 so why not take the time off. He will likely only take the Thursday Friday off.
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am taking the Friday off before the Saturday wedding- and have two weeks off after that for honeymoon and relaxing!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I will take a few days off, probably like the Wednesday-Friday before. Our wedding is on the Sunday. And then I am taking 3 weeks off for our honeymoon so not sure how much before I can get away with haha. I just know I will NOT be focused at work that week prior so I would rather use up my vacation time!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took off the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday before the wedding and 2 weeks after!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took the Thursday and Friday before my wedding off and then the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the week following for the mini-moon Smiley smile For sure take the days if you can - but it's not like you will have a TON to do the week of the wedding.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took 10 days off before and returned the weekend after the wedding. My husband only took 4 days off since he didn't have much to do for those days.

• Lussierk00@outlook.com
    Curious January 2020 Manitoba
    Lussierk00@outlook.com ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both just took the day before the wedding off. We went on our honeymoon for a week after the wedding, so we wanted to save our days for that.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took the week before and after my wedding off, but that is because all of my husband's family flew in from Ireland. We took the time before for final wedding preparations; meeting people at the airport and getting them settled; and hosting a welcome to Canada/the family BBQ. The week after, we showed everyone around Toronto and the GTA.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on a Thursday and Wednesday is a holiday. My friend from Texas is flying in Tuesday so I've taken Tuesday off and dont come back until after our honeymoon Smiley smile
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll probably take the Thursday and Friday off to fly home for the rehearsal, but that’s probably it.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll take the Thursday and Friday off for sure and maaaaaybe Wednesday depending how much needs done.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Taking the whole week off probably but I honestly think that’s too much. Maybe like 2 days before. Nails and errands on Thursday, set up and rehearsal on Friday, Wedding Saturday, then brunch on Sunday. Chill with our out of town guests of Monday/Tuesday Then back to work on Wednesday.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married on a Friday and the firm I work for gives me that day off! I plan on taking the day before if not 2 days before, especially since we have family coming in and it would be lovely to see them a little more.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just going to take a few half days before the wedding. My boss needs me and I’d rather only be there a half day then be gone all day and him constantly calling me.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are taking the two days before the wedding off for sure. We wanted to get the last minute odds and ends done that day, plus prepare for the rehearsal dinner. We didnt want to take too much time off the week of because we still wanted to leave time for our honeymoon.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven't made definite plans yet. We are still one year before minus a few days. Hopefully we will be finding something in the next month or two so we know. We want somewhere warm, family friendly (we have two children) so lots of kids clubs would be great haha.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay!!! Same
    I was thinking of taking a few days off before. Where are you guys going for honeymoon?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping the week before the wedding to be off work. I want to use the time to for any odds and ends. I'll get my nails done,do the rehearsal dinner, go over timetable with bridal party, make sure everything is all ready. Hopefully we'll be able to relax a bit too lol. Pack for honeymoon 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics