Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Wedding Website Address

Cindy, on January 28, 2019 at 20:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Just wanted to know if any of you personalized your wedding website address or just kept the one allotted by wedding wire, the knot or whichever site you used. I noticed the option to buy the address and thought it'd be nice if it matched the hashtag but wondered if that was just over the top, unnecessary? Sometimes I think the addresses are too long.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Katrin, on January 30, 2019 at 07:12
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My partner and I made our website through Squarespace (we are both designers and wanted something different) and got a Domain. Domains/URLS are super cheap (like 15$ for a year) and adds the extra oomph to your site. I'd wholly recommend it. We bought ours through Hover. Our website isn't finished yet, but I think you can view it here .

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We customized ours on Wedding Wire!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm using Wedding Wire's site and customized it. It's long, but it's us and we'll use the same hashtag: TheWaterfallHuntersGetMarried
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We used our hashtag with the weddingwire.ca domain! it works perfectly for us, the website is great and easy to use. the fact that we could personalize the domain for free is what made us ditch The Knot and stick with Wedding Wire
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just changed it to our names and called it a day. If I do come up with a good enough hashtags then I will see about changing it again but even then it doesn't cost anything as long as you keep the weddingwire.ca before your ending

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used our names, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to find.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We totally bought our domain and made it our own. It may be one of the best things we did.

I’m hoping to use the domain to blog about our fanily afterwards.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We updated ours to our names but that was about it! Just wanted it to be simple and easy to find!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics