Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Wedding website

Ashleigh, on March 29, 2017 at 16:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Stamps in Ontario recently sky rocketed from .60 cents each to just over a dollar each. Wow!
What are your thoughts on RSVP through a wedding website? I personally find email correspondence a bit tacky for large events. I recently RSVP'd to a bridal shower and CC'd both mother's and I didn't even receive a reply. So am I welcome, or nah? The same thing happened for a different event recently.
Do you have a website template maker that you'd recommend for creating a wedding website? Something with a simple URL and easy to navigate for Grandma?
Thanks Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Marcie, on March 30, 2017 at 15:28
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know nothing about invites and rsvps thinking of using Vista print do they include everything in packages need 75 invites
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to be using wedding wire to handle the RSVPs. However, for our grandmothers, we're going to include an RSVP card because they don't use a computer and I know they will use it.

Standard Stamps are .85 c each if you buy them in bulk (booklets, coils) which you would be doing so I would calculate it at .85c instead of $1.

Because I like the look of multiple stamps on an envelope, I'm buying old stamps (still valid) from a stamp collector who wants to get rid of the ones that aren't worth anything. He's even giving them to me at a discount. I know there are a few people in Canada who do that. I'd google if you're interested.

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I loved coming home and receiving RSVPs in my mailbox. It was easy for me to go back and look over who had responded to make sure i had not accidentally forgotten anyone.

Not everyone sent back their RSVP card though so a lot of stamps got wasted

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Costco sells a roll of 100 stamps for a discounted price, just an fyi. I think it ended up being about 85cents per stamp.

• N
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the price of stamps went up! I will definitely be looking into all options when we do our invites!
  • Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent out invites by mail and had 3 options for RSVP: website, e-mail or phone. We have had responses by all methods!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ashley, you can actually do you invites and create your wedding website directly through here:

My wedding website

How To Send Your Online Wedding Invitations using WeddingWire

How To Manage Guest Attendance with your Website

You can customize the pages and share the invitations so it's easy for your grandma to answer the RSVP. Let me how it goes! Smiley smile

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    WOW, really?!? I didn't realize that... I haven't thought too too much about this, but am leaning towards e-vites for a couple of reasons. Your point about wanting a reply is a point well taken, and I'll be sure to do that! Smiley smile
    As for suggestions, I have just had to RSVP electronically to two friends' wedding events (one for the wedding, the other for an engagement party), one used The Knot (wedding) and the other used Paperless Post (engagement party). They were both very pretty and easy to navigate. I appreciated being able to see photos of the wedding party, the bride and groom's families, and the couple!
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using wedding wire for our website... It was easy to set up... Organizing guests into familys for RSVP was a bit of a pain but it only took me a few hours for 190 guests... Having said that we went back and forth on the stamped RSVP issue and decided to stamp them... Alot of our guests are older.
  • Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hit reply accidentally without finishing my sentence... lol So the website withjoy.com is super easy to create your own and there's even an app to control everything and see who's replying. It's pretty great!
  • Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im having my guests rsvp through our wedding website. So much easier and cheaper too. Plus it's interesting that they get to see a bit of our history and pictures. I went with the website
  • A
    Curious September 2017 Quebec
    Alima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Ashley! Im planning to do e-vites as but still give a few printed cards in person. I love the email option but for the older people we were thinking of just putting our phone number instead of opting for snail mail.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics