Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
VIP August 2020 Ontario

Wedding Venues are Phase 3 for Ontario

Ashley, on June 4, 2020 at 16:44 Posted in Ontario 0 4

Hi everyone! a friend of mine called her venue today and they provided her with some insight on why venues havent opened even though restaurants have. So heads up if you want to postpone they suggest October since things for Sept have been canceled. Here is what she said. I hope this helps Smiley heart

I got some insights while speaking to a vendor today. A common misconception is that banquet and convention centres are the same category as restaurants; they are NOT. Convention centres fall under the same category as concert halls which are not due to open up till Phase 3 in Ontario. The vendor I was speaking to was very honest and suggested not to book anything even in September as phase 3 might have strict restrictions even as late as this fall. They said most people in late August and September have cancelled their events so far.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 6, 2020 at 18:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very informative and figured it would be part of a larger gathering. Some owners are very open about the truth and honest to say it.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for sharing this! As a December bride, I have been a little concerned about having to postpone but this information makes me feel a little bit better!

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for sharing!! We were September and postponed and feel good about this decision!!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing! We were supposed to be married in May (ended up doing our legal ceremony in April as we struggled getting a license), postponed to August, and I just had a gut feeling that we might not even be good for then. Recently ended up postponing again to next year with hopes we'll have more clarity and there will be less restrictions! Fingers crossed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics