Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Curious September 2019 British Columbia

Wedding Venue Cancelled; now what??!!

Sara, on February 8, 2019 at 23:51

Posted in Plan a wedding 37

Hello, I'm freaking out a bit. I locked down, or so I thought, my wedding venue for Sept 14, 2019. We got the event space of the Beach House restaurant in West Vancouver as they were going to have new renovations done by May. I got an email today saying that the renovation schedule is WAAAAAYYYYYY...

Hello,

I'm freaking out a bit. I locked down, or so I thought, my wedding venue for Sept 14, 2019. We got the event space of the Beach House restaurant in West Vancouver as they were going to have new renovations done by May.

I got an email today saying that the renovation schedule is WAAAAAYYYYYY behind and they can't guarantee our wedding day anymore. I am now 7 months away from said wedding date but without a space. The place we had we so ideal because it was small, intimate and affordable. We also locked down a permit to have the ceremony on the beach.

What do I do?????? I HATE the planning process (I wanted to elope) and the idea of now having to search, email and find a place that is probably over budget is very stressful.

I am very grateful that we have enough time to figure this out.

Any tips out there??!!!

Regards,
The non bride , bride.
Sara

37 Comments

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely feel for you!!! This is so unfair of the venue and they should do everything they can to help find you a similar venue and reimburse you for permit plus plus plus! Go to the top of the Company.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ouch.
    I say put it on them. Ask them how what alternatives they propose given the time sensitivity.
    Is this the place on Kitsilano beach?
    This may be a long shot but would Cactus Club be an option? I believe there’s one on a beach across the bay.

The good thing about Wedding Wire is that you can send multiple messages to vendors with a couple clicks of a button. Try including the circumstances in your message and see if any of the vendors will offer you any sort of “emergency” discount?

Finally, I can’t think of one right now but I know there are sites where you can find loft/pop up spaces. Maybe you can find something that way?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Damn, that is crazy that they are pulling this - if they are so behind they should have something lined up for you or help you in one way or another IMO. Is there anything mentioned in the contract at all? I mean, I doubt it - but it's always worth taking a look right?

• Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So sorry to hear, that is so stressful!
    Have you looked into the loft at Earls in Yaletown? I stood in at a tasting for my friend getting married there who lives out of town. I was BLOWN away. While the ceremony space is indoor, ( no beach) , the space is gorgeous (no decor needed), the food was awesome, the staff was amazing. We were there with multiple other couples and they all seemed to have a wide range of budgets that were being accomodated. My friend getting married there is also very laid back and didn't want to have to worry, and they've made it so easy for her. I don't have enough good things to say.
    If you need to look for a new space, and can compromise with losing the beach, I'd consider it... it could end up as a total blessing.
    Wishing you luck!!!
  • Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awh im so sorry to hear that ! But stay positive and things always work out!

I'd suggest making a list of potential places you can call around the area and taking one day off this coming week and just make lots of phone calls checking for availability of that date. and don't be scared of making small changes if you have to! goodluck !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics