Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tamara
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Wedding Timeline - Multiple questions

Tamara, on May 23, 2019 at 12:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

I'm struggling to make a timeline for both sides of the wedding party, men and women.
Our ceremony starts at 1pm. What is the best time to have the men meet and begin to get ready in the groom's suite? My bridesmaids will be getting their hair done in the girl's suite while I get mine done from someone else. Should I tell the women to be at the suite for 9am to get ready for hair and makeup? There are 4 bridesmaids, 2 of them plus my MIL will be getting their hair done. I have someone separate to do my hair and makeup.

For transportation to the ceremony venue we have 2 vehicles. I'm thinking the men would go in one vehicle at 12:30 and the women go in the other at 12:40. I would be going separately with my parents in a different vehicle.

Also since our ceremony will most like be done around 2pm we will be doing photos from 2-4(430) ish. Our cocktail hour starts at 5pm and we don't arrive for our grande entrance until 6pm. Is it ok to ask our bridal party to come have drinks with us in our suite before our entrance? Our hotel is directly across the street from the reception venue.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 23, 2019 at 21:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The men don't need that long to get ready and 11am sounds a good time for meeting up in the Grooms room.

The Bride's room will be busier due to the hair and make up for each person and you the bride with your stylist to get the pictures first so that its done before moving on the guys.

Transportation pictures can be taken at the time the guys are leaving and then the ladies after since the photographer will be at the door already.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a photographer coming to grab any photos of the getting ready moments?

For the girls, ask your makeup and hair person how long they anticipate they will need to do it. They should be able to give you a general timeframe for the amount of people, and then you can go from there.

Whether you want to be able to relax a bit after... have a toast.. have some photos.. etc... and use that time to work backwards from 12:40

For the guys. It depends how long they want to "hang out" before the wedding. If no photos are being taken, I would say an hour before they have to leave is plenty of time. And also gives some wiggle room in case someone is running late.

And for sure! Why can't they come have drinks with you. Smiley smile It's your day and they are there to celebrate with you. Just make sure no one has too many before the reception.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the Groomsmen: It depends on where they are getting ready in relation to the ceremony venue - but for the most part they only need an hour or 2 tops to get ready so I would go with maybe 11? Perhaps they could go out for lunch and then get ready?

For the Bridesmaids: I would ask your Hair and Makeup people how long they require them for each and go from there. Most will say they need 45 min per person so I would have your girls be there for 8AM

Drinks before entrance: Of course! Maybe just send them away a bit earlier though as you won't be getting much 1 on 1 with your hubby all day and this is your chance to just sit back and soak it in that you're finally married Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When it came to doing the timeline, I started with the ceremony times etc and worked backwards.

Is your photographer doing pictures of you guys getting ready before you head to the ceremony? If this is the case, I would find out what time they are arriving at the room. Especially for the guys, they are super early and most likely do not need to have a ton of time to get ready lol. Using my time line as an example, We have first look pictures at 2pm, and the photographer is getting to the guys at 12:30, So I am planning on telling all the guys to be at our house for 11am ish to give them some time to organize, have a drink, and then start getting ready so when the photographer is there, they aren't wasting time. I hope that makes sense.

For the girls, check with who is doing their hair as to how long it will take to do each one. I think 8:30/ 9 ish would be enough time to get everything done before cars come to pick you guys up.

I would for sure have a little drink and get together in the room before your grand entrance. That would give everyone a little time to freshen up, relax etc. Unless you and your FH just want time to yourself!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics