Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Simone
Master August 2017 Manitoba

Wedding social prizes part one!

Simone, on December 27, 2016 at 00:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15
Hi everyone, today was the day I sent out requests to different companies to request silent auction prizes for our wedding social in May. I had to send them either an email with a voided social ticket or a letter with a voided social ticket or both. So far I am getting responses back and the staff member who responded were vey nice and gracious to provide support. I will be posted their names as required by the LGA and a promised made to the companies for their contributions to our social. We are little over 4 months away until the first half of the big events begins - which is the social. Stay tuned to part 2 in the New Year!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Trevor, on January 4, 2017 at 08:47
  • Trevor
    Beginner July 2017 Alberta
    Trevor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok sounds good. Thanks
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Maria!Smiley smile
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lisa!Smiley smile the fun part will be organizing the prizes into categories. Today, I will be purchasing one of the grand prizes for our social. Smiley laugh
  • María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great Simone, im going to catch up with your discussion Smiley smile

• María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Trevor, next time you want to reply a bride or groom you must click on the 'reply' button that appears in the comment of that user and it will get directly to her/him Smiley shame

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome Simone!!!!!! Congratulations!!
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your welcome Trevor. I am very happy for you and FW (Future Wife) and that you received your rings yesterday. Definitely look into a wedding social and rulesand regulations in your area and see if this something you want to do as well. Smiley smile

• Trevor
    Trevor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks We are excited to announce our wedding and finally got our rings yesterday. They are nice. We'll look into a wedding social.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Trevor,
    I have posted a link for the wedding social I had created in the reply to Maria's post for you to view. It's great to bring people together and fundraise for the wedding plus have fun!Smiley smile hope all is well with wedding planning.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maria, Thank you for replying to Trevor's inquiry. I had created a discussion for this already and here is the link:
    https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/wedding-socials--t443

• Trevor
    Trevor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your info.Smiley sexy seems like a great idea to fundraisea wedding

I'm originally from Brandon, MB and have been to a few social s

• María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Trevor, I had the same question and was just going some reasearch:

"A social is a particularly Manitoba-grown concept. It's a fundraising party, often for a wedding, charitable or community organization. Usually held at a community centre or a Legion hall, it can be known as a "Manitoba Social", "Winnipeg Social", "Wedding Social", "Fundraising Social", or just simply a "Social"

When it is run for a wedding it is traditionally run by the wedding party, although it is sometimes run by the bride and groom. A wedding social gives people a way to include friends and relatives in the wedding when you could not invite them, and allows friends and family to support the couple financially for their new life together."

Hope Simone could explian a little more of wedding social in a new disscusion, could you?

• Trevor
    Trevor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smiley heart What is a social? Is it like a fundraiser .We are planning our wedding in JULY.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sam! It amazes me to see such that things are coming together slowly, but from what we received our social prizes will be great.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so exciting! I'm happy that you're receiving positive responses!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics