Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Wedding shows?

Sarah, on May 25, 2019 at 17:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hey so I’m wondering if wedding shows are with going to? There is one coming up near my venue in October so I’m wondering if there’s anything I should hold off on booking/buying and see what they have to offer? Thoughts?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 27, 2019 at 06:55
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yepppppppp. I ended up with a vendor that I didn't even know existed from a wedding show - which in turn, lead me to my photographer. A lot of vendors give discounts or special pricing if you meet them at a show, and honestly... we were given a lot of ideas, and it's sorta just a fun night. there are samples of stuff, a fashion show.. I would definitely recommend

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some vendors will have a deal offered only to people who attend the show. I went to one and had already hired my vendors. But, they also had draws and I won gift certificates to a food truck, so it was worth it for me! They also had photo booth companies who would give print outs so it was a nice keepsake for the day.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys I have been booking my vendors and know what I’m doing with decor etc so I don’t know maybe it’s not necessary? Also I’d hate to find out I could’ve hired someone for cheaper for something lol
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha!!! Good advice
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do yourself a favour and make a separate e-mail address for wedding shows. The amount of spam I got was unbelievable.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the one I went to in January in Toronto before I started planning!

I got a few of my vendors from there (limo, florist). And I also had an opportunity to visit some of the vendors who I didn’t end up using (cake).

You get lots of bridal magazines and free things - I recommend it if you need planning ideas.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are very worth it depending on where you are at in your planning.
    I won tickets to a wedding show last fall, and for us, our venue pretty much includes a lot. So we didn’t have to worry about decor or catering. I also had a ton booked, so I was able to skip a lot of vendors. By that gave me more of an opportunity to take time to talk to the people who I really needed services from.
    They are a great time and you have the chance to win some prizes. I literally filled everything out! Lol

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Worth not with *** I wish we could edit our posts lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics