Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaila
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Wedding Shower Gift

Kaila, on May 8, 2019 at 10:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Hi there,

I am in my friends wedding and I am trying to figure out a unique gift for her. I dont want to do her registry. I would rather put together a basket of things or something like that. Help me out! Thanks xo

14 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on May 16, 2019 at 13:22
  • L
    Curious June 2020 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say go with items that are consumable/disposable if you don't want to use the registry. Her favourite snacks, bath bombs, flavoured coffee, travel sized soap and shampoo for the honeymoon. My favourite things to use in gift baskets are the Gourmet du Village items. They're a little expensive, but quite cute, you can get hot and cold drink mixes, food flavour packets, chocolate spoons. You can buy the stuff online, or at some stores.

Sometimes people can be burdened by extra clutter that they didn't want, so think can ensure there is no clutter.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always try something along the way with a Girls weekend away to the Spa, with Truffles, Lavender creams for a facial , things like that

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you know what song she is having her first dance to you could always get these lyrics nicely done and framed for them. I always see pictures online of the underwear company that does matching underwear that has the other persons face on it if you are looking for a gag gift?

I got a star map of the day my fiance and I first met at the location we were introduced as a gift and I love it!

There are so many great gift ideas online

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had done a “self care” basket for a friend. Things she can do to take a little break from wedding planning. I put in a variety of things-at home face mask, adult colouring book, book with funny sayings, chocolates, a finger soccer game.. I can’t remember what else but I had about 10 items.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I agree with this. I find it so tricky because I'm one of those people who will ALWAYS give a gift receipt in case they would rather something else they would find more useful! I'm never offended if someone returns something I got, I would hate more for the money to be wasted on something they didn't use.

I would stick to the registry or like someone else suggested a night date night basket or something more edible.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hopefully they will do it anyways! Smiley laugh

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes Yes!!! So I tried to subtly mention it to my bridal party but they knew I was hinting right away haha. I will so be doing this for any future girlfriends getting married!

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was me! It was a SUCH a great gift, I loved it.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-29-at-11.11.46-AM.pn

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Someone on here in another thread posted a Wedding Day Advent Calendar gift for the bride - I think that is the cutest gift idea ever. I'm sure if you pintrest or google that, ideas will come up. But basically it was a corkboard with the days and then a little gift for the wedding (like lip balm or a little bottle of wine) as it counted down to the wedding.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've heard of/seen way too many unasked for gifts be given and it just sits in a box never to be displayed or used.

I mean, there are some good gifts that people wouldn't mind - like my FH's cousin got a cutting board with their last name burned into it. Sounds like a good gift, but for somebody like me - if I received that I would only use it or display it if it goes with the decor of the house. I just see it as; if they made a registry, it usually contains things that they DO want. I'm very black & white though, so I would say that it all depends on what kind of person your friend is.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kaila,

Another idea is to make an emergency wedding day kit for her? Or you can make a nice wellbeing basket full of goodies like her favourite scent of candle, some chocolates, movie tickets, tea, and nail polish, bath bombs etc

• Kaila
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Kaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why are you against this?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As much as I am against this - I would say to maybe make a gift basket with items that she can use with what she has put on her registry! Like, if she has baking pans on the list - get her flour, sugar, etc. for baking something in her new pans. If she has a blender on her list - get her frozen fruit to make said smoothies.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kaila!

Welcome to the wedding wire community Smiley smile

That is really thoughtful to put something just directly towards her. I know if i got some type of basket that would be amazing.

Some suggestions would be:

spa type basket even if an at home type relaxation basket (face masks, a candle, bubble bath, wine)

movie date night basket- its honestly something that would be great as we get so busy planning to have something like this and just take a second with eachother, you could pick a movie and do some munchies in it

day trip basket- if she really just wanted to see something local

Girls day- you take her to her favorite restaurant and get nails done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics