Darby
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

Wedding Shoes

Darby, on 9/October/2019 at 18:45 Posted in Wedding fashion

Hello Folks!

My dress came in! Yay! But I need some shoes to have the seamstress hem it to my height. I love high heels but my dress is longer so the shoes will not be visible. I still want to feel pretty and be comfortable. Suggestions, pros and cons are appreciated!

Thanks Smiley smile

Share:

4 Comments

• Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie Online ·
    I got heels for the ceremony/photos and I’m going to get some more comfy shoes for later in the evening. I’ve already been getting my heels broken in so on the wedding day so I’m used to them.

Here’s some pics of my shoes!
    Wedding Shoes 1Wedding Shoes 2

• K
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Kerstin ·

I'm struggling with this too...

Normally, I am not a platform heel girl (I prefer strappy) but at my bridal salon I tried a platform pair that had buckles that secured the ankle. They were def more comfortable than some of my other heels - as it's going to be a long day...

I feel like you might see the shoes more than you think, unless you're wearing a princess style dress that goes away from your body. Especially when you are heading straight forwards down the isle etc.

I am looking for any advice or recommended brands that people have had success with as well.. so far I've looked at Jimmy Choo etc. the price points are pretty high so if anyone knows of anything more affordable.

• Alix
    Featured June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·

My dress is longer too. But my FH and I and the bridal party are all wearing converse shoes.

• Rayanne
    Featured February 2021 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    I'm personally going to go for comfort. I want to be able to dance the night away because I love it. How can you not feel pretty on your wedding day? I also want a long dress so to me my shoes won't matter. Maybe you could find a super pretty pair with a small heel so you can have style and comfort.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles