Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darby
Newbie June 2021 Alberta

Wedding Shoes

Darby, on October 9, 2019 at 18:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

Hello Folks!

My dress came in! Yay! But I need some shoes to have the seamstress hem it to my height. I love high heels but my dress is longer so the shoes will not be visible. I still want to feel pretty and be comfortable. Suggestions, pros and cons are appreciated!

Thanks Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on December 23, 2019 at 19:27
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The heel height is high so it’ll definitely hurt as the day goes on but I’ve bought insoles for them. So I wouldn’t define them as comfy lol
  • Samantha
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are these comfy? I want to order the same brand...
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do some comfy flats then if no one will see them anyways!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What I did was wear flats for the ceremony which is when it really matters (get dressed hemmed to that height) as you are standing the whole time.

I also then changed into heels for that which honestly doesn't make that big of a difference on the height of the dress - just made it easier not to step on my dress!

I also then changed into a shorter dress to show off my shoes and also polka in and not overheat

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress was also long, and I did high heels (about 2 inches) and my photographer did some great shots of my shoes. So I had those for my dress fittings, and then put flip flops on for dancing. My dress was a big long with the flip flops on,but I just made sure not to get super close to people dancing

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Darby!

Perhaps if you don't find your wedding shoes before the fitting, you could bring a pair you already own. You would have to ensure that the wedding shoes you get are the same height so the length of the dress is perfect!

You could always get a fab pair of high heels for the ceremony, pictures, etc and change in to something more comfortable and lower for the reception Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got heels for the ceremony/photos and I’m going to get some more comfy shoes for later in the evening. I’ve already been getting my heels broken in so on the wedding day so I’m used to them.

Here’s some pics of my shoes!
    Wedding Shoes 1Wedding Shoes 2

• K
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Kerstin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm struggling with this too...

Normally, I am not a platform heel girl (I prefer strappy) but at my bridal salon I tried a platform pair that had buckles that secured the ankle. They were def more comfortable than some of my other heels - as it's going to be a long day...

I feel like you might see the shoes more than you think, unless you're wearing a princess style dress that goes away from your body. Especially when you are heading straight forwards down the isle etc.

I am looking for any advice or recommended brands that people have had success with as well.. so far I've looked at Jimmy Choo etc. the price points are pretty high so if anyone knows of anything more affordable.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is longer too. But my FH and I and the bridal party are all wearing converse shoes.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm personally going to go for comfort. I want to be able to dance the night away because I love it. How can you not feel pretty on your wedding day? I also want a long dress so to me my shoes won't matter. Maybe you could find a super pretty pair with a small heel so you can have style and comfort.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics