Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes

Marcia, on April 19, 2018 at 13:55 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 31

Anyone else having trouble picking out the perfect shoes to wear for your ceremony? I haven't decided on what kind of shoes I wanted to wear for my wedding. Whether to go for comfort or fashion? I'm having an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception so I was thinking about wearing wedding sneakers or wedges for the ceremony, and heels for the reception, but haven't decided. Looking for some inspiration, if you've already purchased your bridal shoes post them here Smiley smile!

31 Comments

Latest activity by Marcia, on May 10, 2018 at 14:23
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look so beautiful!

• P
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Peggy L ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So pretty!!! Love it. I can’t deicde between blue or nude
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love your shoes! There so beautiful!

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my shoes a few weeks ago. White heels for the ceremony. simple but easy to clean so i can sell them after. and then i bought grey sneakers for after pictures, cocktails and reception. (the grey matches my bridesmaid dresses and they are really comfy and cute that compliment my lace dress Smiley smile

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay I finally bought my shoes! This was honestly the hardest part for me... I cared more about my shoes than my dress. I'm so excited to have found them and they are surprisingly comfortable

Here they are:

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 1

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 2
  • Bonnie
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love them!!

• Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having an issue trying to find shoes that will go with my dress and give me the height that I want to have my fiance is 6 3 and I'm 5 3 Sol I don't want to look like a child up there LOL
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love these! very beautiful!Smiley heart

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful Shoes! Smiley love

• Courtney
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having a hard time choosing the right pair as well. I love shoes though so I know I want something with a heel and pretty high fashion. My ceremony is also outside but I am going to buy those little clear heel covers that prevent your stilettos from sinking into the grass. I am also looking for some of those Jenny from the block sneakers with the built in heels to wear when my feet get sore, that way I still have the height for the dress but comfort for me feet.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t have troubles deciding on what shoes to wear for my ceremony I’m more so having troubles with what I’d like to possibly change into for the reception. I don’t want my dress to drag since my ceremony shoes do have a bit of a heel and that’s what I’ll get my dress altered to but I want to be comfortable lol I think I’ll change out of my boots into a wedge so it’s less hot and still has a heel. Just need to find some I like and are the right height!

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 3
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are stunning! Love them so much!

I won't be wearing shoes for my ceremony (getting married standing in the water) but now I wish I was!

I'm torn between buying myself something expensive and amazing for the reception, but I know my shoes will most likely come off again as soon as the dancing starts... And then what do I wear for pictures?! Decisions, decisions...
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Le chateau has gorgeous wedding shoes right now. I'm thinking about these ones:

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 4
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also having trouble deciding.. we are getting married bin a barn and my dress is tea length so for at least the ceremony, photos and most of the reception I'll be in cowboy boots, but for later if it's hot or I want something simpler I have not decided yet. Also not sure of the style of cowboy boots I want lol
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are my shoes. They are so comfortable and padded on the inside but I love to wear heels (so long as they are the right got fit). If your looking for a fun bridal heels for the reception they are a great fit. But for an outdoor ceremony I love the idea of sneakers. But if you want the best of both worlds they also make flats and wedges or wide heeled shoes.

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 5
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks! Wedge shoes for sure are the winner for comfort and style.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with heels, my FH is a foot taller than me and I have a short complex. Also, my entire bridal party is wearing heels too (at their request) so for pictures I think it would look best if we're all about the same height. Also, our male counterparts will just tower over us anyway and I really don't want to have mismatched pictures.

I found a really cute pair of wedding shoes a JJsHouse and those are the ones I bought. I'm debating on getting like slip on flats for the end of the reception as an emergency but I'm planning on being tall and brave the entire night.

I think ultimately you go with what you're more comfortable in. I do agree with everyone else, wedges (if you want to be taller) or flats for outdoors, there's nothing more uncomfortable than having your stiletto dig into the soil as you're walking - also your shoes will get ruined. But do watch out for the dress length as it will vary, or if you want flats for the ceremony and heels for reception, you can always get a really awesome pair of heels and with the shorter dress, you'll be sure everyone will see them. Kind of like a statement.

• Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love heels and I wanted a pair that I would feel comfortable in all night. I also wanted a pair of shoes not so blinged out so that I could wear them again (it’s already heartbreaking enough that my wedding gown will be a one-time wear) so as a birthday present my fiance bought me my wedding shoes! They are so me and so comfy.

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 6

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 7
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes good idea Bianca! I think I'm going to go for wedges, and have flats for later too.

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cowboy boots sounds fun! I think i'm going to stick to comfort as well!

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful shoes! Smiley love

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not a fan of heels (and my fiance is almost a foot taller than me!!) but the shoes I ended up choosing have a tiny bit of a heel. My main thing was I wanted sparkly shoes! And these are, despite the picture!

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 8

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sticking to the comfort part on the shoes! I am also clumsy lol so would be safer as well. I will more likely wear flats. I had considered cowboy boots but depends on the dress I go with

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I believe in comfort over everything. Whether that means wearing heels or flats is up to you. I'm personally going to be wearing something probably with a wedge and probably not too high, and have a pair of flats to change into later.

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful shoesSmiley love , yes I think i'm leaning towards going for a wedge!

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love these sandals, very pretty!Smiley heart

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are very pretty!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased a few pairs of shoes before I decided on the one. I went with a heel for the ceremony and a flat for the reception.

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 9

Wedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 10

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For August, maybe go with a beautiful sandal? I'm getting married in January, so sandals wouldn't work, and I feel like flats make your feet a little sweaty...

Unless you're comfortable in heels, and not taking pictures on a lawn, I would suggest finding the perfect compromise between beauty and comfort. You're going to be on your feet a lot... it's probably not the best day to test out a new stiletto.

Wedding SandalsWedding Shoes & Bridal Shoes 11

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had an outdoor ceremony as well and would definitely recommend a small wedge or sneaker. Not only are they more comfortable but they won't get stuck in the grass when you walk. The only thing to consider is that if you wear heels for your reception you will have to have your dress tailored to that length and all the extra length may be a problem when wearing flats.

My shoes

41913c94-0ced-4de9-ad25-b156c346adca_1.e

13f45ca5-776a-4413-bb83-83788f7b394c_1.e

8d69e3c4-3d7f-4442-9ac1-7db5584924fc_1.d

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics