Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding Rings and Honeymoon

Vanessa, on February 21, 2018 at 17:06 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
I have heard a few different things about wedding rings and taking them when you travel abroad. To take or not to take? To buy something less expensive to wear on your finger or to not? What has or will people be doing?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on February 27, 2018 at 14:47
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't really talked about this but I think we will likely leave ours at home. When I first had issues with my ring when he first purchased it I bought a cheaper version of my ring that I might bring. It only cost me $30 and is pretty much identical. We spent so much on our rings and have had so many issues with both my engagement and wedding band that we don't want to lose them.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I had left mine at home!! We went to all beach locations so my rings lived in the hotel safe literally except for dinner when I would take them out and wear them! It seemed like a lot of unnecessary stress Smiley laugh

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have insurance, and know what the insurance covers.

My insurance covers accidental loss, and needs no proof of loss (some policies require proof...I'm not sure how you prove you lost something...).

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on where you go. Some people wear a different, inexpensive ring in place of their real rings.

Personally, I wore my own rings. I kept them in my hotel safe during the day and wore them out to dinner in the evening. There were TONS of women at our resort who had their rings on at all times- while swimming, hiking, ziplining. I wouldn't do that, but it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I will be leaving mine at home since it is a custom piece. I would be afraid of losing it or having it stolen. I want to get some silicone rings but have to convince my husband lol
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re absolutely going to leave the engagement ring at home. Will probably wear our wedding bands though.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've crossed a couple of borders in Central America that were pretty intense. For that reason, we won't be bringing our rings - you spend so much on them, they'll safer at home!

We have already picked out our silicone rings ( www.ensorings.com ) as replacements. They'll come in handy when we go on hikes, camping and big trips!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked into multiple companies that have silicone bands but haven’t found one that have a size 20 plus.... Smiley sad My FH is a gentle giant with baseball mitts for hands so this could be an issue. If anyone finds a company that does silicone bands 20 plus let me know please.
  • Natalee
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Natalee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man, so many awesome ideas on this site. I have never heard of silicon rings before...I am going to have to look that up! I also never really thought of not wearing my rings on our honeymoon.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be wearing our rings! It feels wierd for me to take mine off so even though we will have a pretty adventurous honeymoon (backpacking europe for 2 months) i will wear it the whole trip. Its a flat band and pretty durable so im not concerned about it.
    and my FH will be wearing his ring im sure. He has a necklace that he puts his ring on if he doesnt feel like wearing it.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hadn't considered this actually, but I don't think I want to take my rings with me, now that I think about it. As we're going to a beach resort, and I tend to take my rings off when inside, it's probably better to leave them at home.

I like Courtney's idea of purchasing silicone rings. They are quite popular now anyway, so definitely a good idea.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the type of honeymoon you are doing!

We're doing a pretty adventurous honeymoon (Going to Indonesia where we're visiting several different islands there.. we're doing Organtan visits, scuba, snorkling, hiking through forests, etc etc.) so we don't want to bring our brand new beautiful rings. We're purchasing a set of silicone rings to take with us when we travel. There's only 30 dollars a piece and durable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics