Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat
Curious September 2018 Manitoba

Wedding reception schedule

Kat, on March 17, 2018 at 21:02 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
Hey hey!! I am not too sure what to do for a schedule for our wedding. We will get married at 5:30pm while everyone is at their tables (we will tie the knot in front of our head table) then into cocktail hour from 6-7 then dinner. With everything so close together when do we do the first dance? Before or after dinner? We are doing a buffet, does the MC normally call table numbers? When do we do the cake cutting? Does it have to be a big thing that everyone sees happen? Can you share your schedules? What did you do for your special day?!?! Thank you all in advance!!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on March 18, 2018 at 11:16
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything depends on your personal preferences.

Do you have an MC? We don't - we are just using our DJ. Either you MC or your DJ can call table numbers.

We have a similar time line, so I'll share what I"m doing, but again, you can switch things around as much as you like. We are also doing a 4 course sit down meal so mine might be a bit different than what you'll want.

4:30PM - Ceremony Starts

5:00PM - Cocktail reception/bar opens/wedding party pictures

6:00PM - DJ to ask guests to make their way inside to the reception tables

6:10PM - DJ announces bride/groom to reception. We're not doing a wedding party entrance but you could do that here.

6:11PM - Bride/Groom first dance. We figured we had everyone's attention at this point so may as well do it.

6:14PM - Father of the bride speech/toast. From here we don't have a set time for anything, just depends on how quick people eat!

First Course (soup) Served

End of First Course - speech from the groomsmen

Second Course (Salads) Served

End of Second Course - Speech from the bridesmaids

Main Course Served

End of main course - Mother of groom speech

Dessert Course Served

End of Dessert - Bride/Groom Thank you speech

8:30PM - Roughly this time, father/bride dance

8:33PM - Mother/Groom dance

8:35PM - Dance floor opens! PARTY TIME!

11:00PM - Late night bar will be served.

12:20AM - Last call!

12:45PM - Bride/Groom Leaving

1:00PM - Bar closes.

We aren't having a cake, but I've seen some people do them around the dessert course and the last few weddings it hasn't been a big thing.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tying the knot like that is actually very common in Chinese custom, generally tie the knot, dinner, dessert, then dance. MC definitely call table numbers, up to you in the end .

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MC can call the table numbers for the buffet.

I'd do cake cutting right after dinner along with desert. And yes, people will want to see it.

First dance to kick off the party after desert.

Just my opinion, there are no real rule these days, do what feels right to you Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics