Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user October 2025 Alberta

Wedding postponed

Kirsten, on May 22, 2019 at 08:59 Posted in WeddingWire 0 18
Hey ladies, it's with a sad heart that I am going to have to say that we are going to have to postpone the wedding longer. Not do to any of my previous posts but something a bit more internal.
My FH has had a history of depression, so have I. He recently got laid of from his trade job because he is just too new. This has effected him greatly because he feels he has failed me. With the wedding it has added more stress to his plate. Do to all this along with me not being home for all this has taken a toll on our relationship. It was my decision to postpone the wedding because I did not feel right to move forward in our current situation. We need to mend the broken and see if we can make it through.

I appreciate all the support that I have received, along with the lack of judgement I have received since joining. Good luck to all you ladies with your planning and congratulations! In advance on your beautifully you wedding days!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on May 22, 2019 at 21:26
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh Kristen , even though this must have been a difficult decision to make it is the right bc at the end of the day if you don't have your health you don't have anything. Just keep on loving and suppoting each other. Please keep us posted on how you two are doing.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear the news, but take care of yourselves and each other!

I hope your wedding, whenever it is, is however you two envision it and goodluck with everything!

The community is here if you ever need anything in the meantime!!

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I appreciate the words of encouragement
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, means alot to hear that
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry to hear this news! But I wish you and your partner all the best. It sounds like you guys are being smart and doing what’s right. Things will come around and you will be wedding planning again in no time. All the best x
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry to hear this! My fiance and I have been through this a few times. In fact we just opted to push back a couple months ago. Do what is best for you and always feel welcome on here even if you're not in the planning mode right now.

Take care of each other. 🖤
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, we both have and it's very possible that it could cost us our relationship if we don't focus on what's important.
    As long as I have a ring I will feel like a bride
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry Kirsten.

ive had my own battle with mental health issues and know the toll it takes on the person struggling and those around them. Wishing you and your partner all the best during this time.

Remember you're still a bride to be, date or no date!
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, all this love and support really helps me feel like this really is the best decision for him and I.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kirsten,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Wishing you and your guy all the best as your work through this! Take care!

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Casey, I appreciate the support.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear this Kristen. Self care is #1! Take as much time as you need, and like Tori said we are all here if you ever need anything!

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I will make sure we try. We are going to focus on our self-care together. Hope to be back too.

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Tori. I love the support you have all given. good luck with your wedding in October!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry to read this, Kirsten. Take care of yourself and make sure he does the same... Hope we see you back on here again when the time is right. Smiley smile

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I will hopefully soon everything will smooth out. You take care of yourself as well. Exciting that the wedding is so close Congrats, I bet it will be amazing.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear this - remember that we are here for you if you need anything.

I'm sure that it's for the best right now, wish you guys all the best!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to read this but it sounds like you are making a smart decision.

Adding more stress into your lives right now will not help either of you.. apart and together. Take care of yourselves and each other and remember what's important.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics