Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan

Wedding planner. Yay or nay?

Brett, on August 19, 2019 at 17:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Did you use a wedding planner? Why or why not?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Miav, on September 9, 2019 at 01:26
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on hiring a month/day of coordinator to help us nearer our wedding day. So far the full planning at this time is being done by me and FH Smiley smile

It's mostly to save money actually. Full wedding planning can be expensive. And I love planning so I am more than willing to do it ourselves

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be getting a planner for sure! I have no siblings and no bridal party, the wedding has to be like 200-300 people so that's too much work for me. I run my own business so I can't get lost in my wedding planning, I'd rather pay for it to be managed by a professional. I've heard from friends and family who did and they said it was worth every penny and they were able to enjoy their day.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! Our venue provided an event planner and I figured the two of us together would be enough to plan my fiancé and I's wedding as we knew we'd have 60 guests or less. I've loved planning thus far as I'm organized and meticulous. I can't imagine this being in someone else's hands!

With that being said, I understand why others hire a planner as it can be a lot to think about on top of school, work, etc.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

we are! we hired trade sensations they are amazing! i know on the day of i dont want to deal with "where to put the decor" “how do you want this” or guests calling my phone cuz they cant find the church or venue or “vendors are late or don’t show up”. it sucks no matter how much you plan on the day of stuff still happens! I just want to enjoy my day without being bothered lol

• Rachel-Anne
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Erin Condren wedding planner. Www.erincondren.com
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a planner - mostly because we are in Winnipeg and are planning a wedding in Canmore. It just made sense, as we wouldn't be able to see a lot of the options in person, so this made our lives way less stressful. I don't regret a penny of it. Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't going to hire one. I love planning. We've been engaged forever. I've been looking for years and know what I want. I have had about 2 years to get prepared. Should be fine without a planner.
  • B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m using the checklist on the app and still feel like I’m missing so much.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not planning to hire one. Partly because of budget reasons and partly because I love planning and so far enjoying it so far Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had hired one but she had to back out unfortunately. Looking at it now I think it's a blessing but at the time I really wanted one so that it was one less thing to worry about. Since then all of my BM's and close family have said that it was silly for me to have hired one in the first place though as they are the ones that could and will do all of the things that she was going to do.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't hired a wedding planner. Our engagement in total will be 21 months so we figured that was enough time to plan the wedding on our own. Also all of the wedding planners that I have seen have had prices that are too steep for our budget.

I have the WeddingWire App on my phone and it is my pocket planner. I use it to track budget, guestlist and our checklist of to do's. It helps keep me on task and organized just like a wedding planner would.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wouldn't get one as everything can be handled thoroughly with family help and someone in charge of the tips and vendors to overlook the whole decor and set up.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not get one. Our venue does a lot of this for us, especially the day of. Plus I enjoyed doing all the booking and contacting because I could do it on my own time and not have to contact someone else to do it for me
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We considered a day-of coordinator for a while, but decided not too. We are a year out, so this could still change.

It really came down to cost and need. Just a day-of coordinator was going to be $1500+....and most of the services they listed were already going to be taken care of by our venue staff (in the contract) or we had already done ourselves (like booking vendors). We may have to ask a friend or two for the odd little thing on the day of, but it really wasn't worth the price tag.

• Holly
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ATM we do not. We are going to be our own Wedding planner. I love planning and making sure everything goes according to plan. But I know on our big Day we will probably end up hiring a day of coordinator to double check everything and second set of eyes and ears.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics