Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user February 2024 Ontario

Wedding planner

Jennifer, on June 16, 2019 at 01:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hi all, just wondering did you hire a wedding planner/coordinator? And if so how far in advance? And was it worth it? Tell me your stories...

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on January 8, 2020 at 14:51
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The one I hired has started doing weddings in Toronto!!! We just did Month -of wedding coordination, so I'm not sure what her full planning package costs, but I don't think it'll be 10K. Thats bonkers!

Alexandra Lillian Weddings & Events (I found her through WW and she had a discount on this site at the time).

• Katherine
    Newbie September 2021 Massachusetts
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What wedding planner did you hire? I'm having trouble finding a full service wedding planner that isn't $10k in Toronto.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH and I were never interested in a wedding planner as we planned to do most of it ourselves, however we are hiring a friend to be day of cordinator. She's really good at organizing people and attention to detail. The idea actually came to me to hire her when she was helping me with decoration ideas. This way my guests, mom, MOH ect can enjoy the party and dont have to worry about small details for me.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. We hired ours in January, right after our wedding social. I found our wedding social incredibly overwhelming. My fiance and I were running around all night, and we were exhausted. After that, I had to warm him up to the idea of hiring a day of coordinator. It was so important to me that we could enjoy our day, and that our friends and family could also enjoy without worrying about the details.

We're having a tent wedding, so there's lots of vendor juggling. I'm very happy to have our wedding coordinator. It was $1,200 we didn't budget for, but she's already been invaluable to us, just as a person to bounce ideas off of, keep us on top of things, and give advise.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Inquire with companies to compare quotes and packages to see if your budget fits that amount. It all depends if you want to go ahead and have them take care of you or do it on your own and allocate the money in other sections.

I didn't choose to have one as I do keep everything organized and together so that all communications are clear with the vendors personally.

• Stephanie
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to hire our planning almost right away. We live in Toronto and are getting married Kitchener so we wanted someone local to help us coordinate with vendors, especially finding a venue. Plus my brother had one for his wedding and they said it was the best money they spent. Our wedding isn't until next year but so far she's been awesome. She's helped a lot so far in terms of suggesting vendors, coordinating meetings with them and keeping us on track for the things we should be booking.

Ultimately, I think it depends on your situation/budget and how much time you want to spend on planning. Though I've heard from multiple people that at least hiring a day of/month of coordinator is worth the money. It makes it easier for you and your FH to enjoy your day.

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not getting a planner or coordinator, I am "using" a couple friends that have recently gotten married. Both ladies are helping with all my questions, and they have both suggested to just ask a family member or friend that is not in the wedding party to act as my go to person the day of.

• E
    Newbie October 2019 Saskatchewan
    Esther ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you can afford it, then go for one. My FH and I got an event planner coz I live in SK and he lives in ON and the wedding is in ON! Safer to get one I guess
  • S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't bother, I like doing things myself and my mom plans events as her job so I lucked out!
  • Audra
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Audra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t. Our venue offers a coordinator to help us, and all of our linens, variety of decorations, catering and music is also available through them. I’ve been able to manage planning everything else we’ve been doing so for us it didn’t make sense. However, if I didn’t have all that provided through the venue I would’ve 100% hired one.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Quebec
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey babe!

We chose not to hire a wedding planner as there is so much information out there nowadays... you have all the information you need if you’re willing to put the time (or if you have the time).

I find it so much fun and could not imagine putting that in the hands of someone else!

In terms of wedding coordinator, I think that is very important to have in order to have a worry free day! The coordinator will make sure everything goes smoothly on your big day! We were lucky enough to find a venue that offered a coordinator, so we won’t have to pay extra for it!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hired a planner quite quickly - mostly because we live in Winnipeg and are getting married in Canmore. I have no idea what we would have done without one... trying to arrange the details from a distance would have led to some pretty bad meltdowns, I think!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did - my wedding coordinator is a Month of/ Day of. We booked her the same time we booked the venue because she is the owner of the venue. So basically we booked her as our MO/DOC 1 year and 7 months before the wedding.

Worth it for us. Our venue has no cell reception which makes getting into contact with vendors to be difficult. Plus she will already be there and know the venue so that's a bonus. She helps with the seating plan, day of schedule, making sure people are where they need to be, and we don't have to put any of it on our wedding party.

If you can afford it, do it!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if it’s in your budget - definitely worth it because they take care of everything! There’s also different packages you can get - full planning, month of and day of.

It wasnt in my budget so I don’t have a planner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics