Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Wedding party accomodations

Kelly, on September 14, 2018 at 11:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Our wedding venue is about 45 minutes from the city, and I assume our bridal party, parents, etc will want to crash nearby and not drive home.

My fiance and I were in a bridal party a couple years ago and the bride and groom actually paid for our hotel rooms for the night. Very nice, very unexpected. I know that we cannot afford to do this for our bridal party.

Here's something I was thinking about though: What if we booked, or contributed to booking a group Air bnb for them? There's a couple in the area that can accommodate up to 10 people.

Its still expensive, but its not 1 room/person at a hotel, and it includes breakfast.

Our group is all friends and we all stay at the cabin every summer together. What are people's thoughts on this? If you were in a bridal party with a bunch of close friends and the bride and groom booked a cabin for the night for you all...would that be something you'd be okay with/like? Would asking people to contribute $20-$30 be okay? This would be additional to the gifts we'd already be getting everyone. I'm not trying to be cheap or anything lol, I'm just trying to gauge how people would feel about this if instead of $100+ for a hotel room, it was only $30. Closer to the day, if we decide we can afford to pay for everybody, then yes, we'll just do that.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on October 5, 2018 at 11:49
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Airbnb is a great idea for the group! that's very generous and there's nothing wrong with asking people to contribute to that.

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that getting a group air B&B is a really great idea! I wish that I had that opportunity for my bridal party. It allows everyone to be together and hang out before the wedding. It is definitely a lot more reasonable on everyones pockets which I think that they would definitely appreciate that, whether they have to pitch the $30.00 or if you cover it all.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the people in your wedding party will appreciate the idea! It's very generous of you two to even contribute a little bit to their accommodations.

• Christine
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like this idea! If you're worried about money, think about how they agreed to be in your wedding party in the first place. They knew it would cost them something. Maybe ask them to chip in a little bit? It couldn't hurt!
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Only one of them has a significant other and they'll be driving home because they'll have a newborn at the wedding. I wouldn't have suggested this as a viable option if it was going to cost everybody extra...
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will the wedding party's +1s be included in that offer or just the party? If they have to book a hotel room for their partners anyway, why would they pay extra to sleep apart?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    B&B sounds good and fin for everyone to just be together. Plus a cabin may be nice for all to hangout in the living room.
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like a great idea. It also allows the party to keep going after the official reception. Think I may use this idea too
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like an absolute BLAST!!!! Oh man if I was on a party and given that option I would 100% be all over it!!! Group hangover brunch the next day??? Yes!!!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree that it’s a great idea and run it by everyone to see what they think. I might take advantage of it. But then I might also enjoy going back and having my own quiet hotel room depending on how busy and hectic the few weeks before have been.
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiance and I are booking a cute B&B ourselves for the night, which will be the place where the girls get ready. Its very picturesque.

Then I was thinking that the one we book for the wedding party will serve as the place the guys get ready.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely ok. We were considering renting an AirBnB for ourselves and our out of town wedding party; just couldn't find one that worked for getting ready in the morning as well as accommodating s all. But I think it's a great idea, so long as your wedding party is on board with it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its pretty awesome actually. because it ends up being cheaper for everyone involved.

last year I was an MC/coordinator in a wedding (would have been a bridesmaid but she felt bad for me having already been in 12 weddings). and all the wedding party/their dates/bride/groom/myself and FH stayed together in an Airbnb together for 2 nights (night before the wedding, wedding night). and it was great! it was affordable. and it was so much fun.

the bride and groom paid the deposit. but didn't collect money till we all got there. and they provided beer/booze/wine for us staying there/getting ready.

I actually looked into for our wedding. but there wasn't places near our venue or that were big enough.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with asking them! I think it’s nice of you to do so. Especially if this particular group of people does that exact thing every summer. They would probably appreciate it and love the idea! You shouldn’t feel bad about not paying their hotel rooms or an air bnb. No one expects you to pay! My FH was in a wedding last year and we paid for our own hotel room. I would never expect any different, it was our choice to stay and not drive home.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like a great idea, I'd be down if I was in your party lol.

If you guys already cabin together every summer, they'd probably think this was thoughtful, since it ties in with how you know them personally Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like a lucky wedding party to me Smiley smile

I vote yes then

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah, we weren't going to spring it on them. I was going to talk to everybody first and see if they were planning to stay the night, and if they were okay with the price.

THEN if closer to the date, we realize we can afford to pay for it, we will.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it would be okay to book it for them but if you were to ask them to contribute any money at all it should be something that you run by them first as to not put them in a situation where they HAVE to stay there.

So yes it's ok - but only if you ask first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics