Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat
Curious September 2018 Manitoba

Wedding officiant

Kat, on April 26, 2018 at 14:50 Posted in Manitoba 0 11
Hey everyone! We are getting married September 8th of this year and I feel like I have contacted pretty much all of the officiant on the app with no luck yet. If anyone knows of anyone who can perform a non-religious, own vows short and sweet ceremony please message Me!!! Thank you so very much in advance!!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 15, 2019 at 08:13
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried All Seasons? That's who I used and they have several officiants - you even get to pick if you like someone's profile. They were very quick to get back to me and very helpful.

• Nicole
    Newbie September 2019 Manitoba
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kat,

My fiance and I actually asked my brother to officiate our wedding because we didn't want somebody that didn't know "us". My brother's not a marriage commissioner but he's able to marry us with a one time permit that we file with "Vital Statistics Agency". If this is an option that you'd be open to, I've attached a copy of the application form below but you can also email them for more info (**********@***.**.**)

MB Marriage Commissioner Appointment Application FormWedding officiant 1

• Lauren
    Curious August 2019 Manitoba
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Deb from “A Perfect Ceromony I Do” she’s wonderful!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in a wedding site on facebook and just asked for suggestions, I have gotten a ton of responses and will meet with a few next week.

• Tia
    Newbie August 2018 Manitoba
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kat! Have you contacted Colleen Olafson? I felt like everyone was booked for the day of my wedding and she was available! Colleen is honestly amazing, great with communication and super fun to meet with! Hopefully she can officiate for you!

• Kat
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for all your helpful info!!!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kat, did you try to go contact an officiant through wedding wire? Also if you go on vitalstats manitoba at the bottom of the page they have a download list, where they have license issuers in Winnipeg/Rural Manitoba, and Marriage Commissioners in Winnipeg/Rural Manitoba (which has a long long list of people you can contact 16 pages). I've attached the link below. Hope it helps! https://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/getting_married.html

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked every officiant who told me no if they could recommend someone they knew - and I ended up with an email that led me to my officiant and it worked out great! dont give up!

• Kat
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome thank You Candace! Joey they reply however they are not available for my date.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually found my officiant through just a google search. Have you tried doing this for officiants in your area? I found that a lot of the vendors that are on here get booked a lot faster because everyone that uses this app tends to look no further than the app.

Also all the officiants that I contacted through weddingwire were all about $200-$300 more expensive then the local ones I found from Google.

hope you find someone!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kat, I'm sorry to hear that. Are the officiants you've contacted through WeddingWire not responding to you, or are they unavailable?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics