Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Meal Option Breakdowns

Hank, on May 13, 2020 at 11:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

Just curious for those who are either already married or have received response cards for your upcoming wedding, what is the percentage for the different meals of choice? In addition to typical beef chicken and vegetarian, did you offer another option like fish?

We're debating if we should offer a fish dish. If we don't get at least five or more orders for it, then there's a surcharge tacked on. I personally feel like 80%+ gets the beef dish but I've also been told that I would be very wrong so I figured I would do a market analysis here lol.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 13, 2020 at 20:13
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my fiance and I are getting married at a winery, the winery is provided all of the food for our buffet next year. We are having Beef Tenderloin, Sablefish & Chicken thighs

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our work Christmas party felt the same way about everyone chosing chicken/turkey or beef. After years of the same we did a buffet style with turkey, beef, and a seafood casserole. The seafood casserole and the turkey were the most popular. We almost ran out of turkey (the venue manager was shocked) and there was barely any casserole left after second (and some third) helpings. I'm already looking forward to eating more of that casserole as long as our Christmas party still happens this year!

Maybe take a small survey of your family and friends and see what they think. If more than 5 of them would pick the fish it might be worth having as an option! We did this among our office and it paid off.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We ended up having a BBQ including: Pulled Pork (with sauce options), BBQ Chicken, Dinner Rolls, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Caesar Salad, and Mixed Vegetables.

For the Vegans/Vegetarians we gave the option of Vegan/Vegetarian burgers but they could also have the salad without dressing + toppings, the baked potatoes without toppings, and the mixed vegetables were cooked with oil and not butter for them as well.

(Price ended up being $20/person but that's also including dessert which was mixed dainties.)

If there were anybody that had further restrictions, we did post on our website letting them know they can either reach out to us and we can attempt to accommodate OR they could eat before they came seeing as how we had a 5:30PM ceremony with reception following immediately after.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As much as I would love to avoid the headache of mapping out choices and making place cards, we're already anticipating a few non-beef eaters (a few Hindus and people who can't eat red meat). We didn't want to force the vegetarian option on meat eaters for not liking beef.

I personally would choose fish over chicken, especially if it's chicken breast but I know I'm not like most people.

What did you end up serving your guests?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds absolutely glorious!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! So I was right. I figured most meat eaters go for beef anyway.

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 3
    Options- beef, chicken and vegetarian. So far 0 people have chosen vegetarian option! Mainly beef has been chosen
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And this is why we had one option and one option only! lol Only people that got a different meal was the people who were vegan/vegetarian Smiley tongue

(Everybody loved the food and we still get people talking about how good it was, so I'd say it was the right choice.)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We offered chicken, beef, vegetarian and kids meals. We’ve received some of our RSVPs back.

I’d say it’s 80-85% beef, 5-10% chicken and 5% vegetarian right now.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing dual- chicken and beef. But then we’re also doing a seafood platter per table so it’s a little bit of everything :p

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics