Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Wedding Invitations to Vendors?

Samantha, on November 1, 2017 at 13:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Hey everyone!
So, question. I was wondering if I send invitations to my vendors. The only reason I'm asking is because two of my vendors (my photographer and my DJ) are also close friends, so should I send them to them even though I know that they will be there?\

And also, am I supposed to invite my florist to the wedding? It's a woman I went to school with when we were kids, but we aren't close. I just really wanted her to do my bouquet because she just started her business and I thought it would help (and because she does AMAZING work!).

Thanks in advance for the advice!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 21, 2017 at 00:36
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed with Andrea! Ill be "inviting" the services that require vendors to be there all night... I might just send an email though and not a "formal" invite. For close friends, however, I would send invites. No need to invite your florist.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Having rhe vendors so their service probably isn't tgr same as unvitibg them as gueats. Paying them vs. entertaining them are seperate things. Every couple has to pay for all vendor meals.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! It doesn't have to be an expensive gift but maybe a Timmy's card would be suitable.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent invites to the photographer and DJ just for them to be able to submit their meal choices.

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea! I didn't even think of that.. thank you!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I suppose it's ok then. I would be inclined to buy them a small gift as a token of my appreciation.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to invite your florist but sending invites to your friends who are providing services is fine.

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The only thing is is that they're friends, and they're doing it for AMAZING prices...so I didn't know if it would be a nice gesture?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, I don't think you have to send the DJ and Photographer an invitation if you're paying for their service. Ours had dinner at the reception and continued doing the job they were hired for. Regarding the florist, I would say you don't have to invite her as she's not close to you.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem!! Good luck with the planning Smiley smile
  • Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Helped a lot! thank you so much. We probably won't invite her then, I just didn't know what the custom is for this! I appreciate it!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say for the photographer and DJ you can send them an invite if you'd like since they are close friends.My florist was my friend/co-worker and she was also a guest at my wedding so I sent her an invite.

As for your florist, I would say if you're not close I wouldn't invite her unless you have the budget for her as a guest and truly would feel bummed if she wasn't there. For instance, a friend of ours made our wedding cake and he came to the venue to set it up for us. Although he's super nice and he is still a friend, we aren't close enough to have considered inviting him as a guest. Hope this helps a little?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics