Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Wedding Invitations for Ceremony and Reception on different days.

Lisa, on December 3, 2019 at 01:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or examples of invitations where the ceremony is being held on one day and the reception on another.

Our ceremony is happening on a Friday and our reception is happening on a Saturday. How do you present this on an invitation?

From the examples I've seen only the ceremony is present , which then has the line " reception to follow" - which typically means the reception is being held on the same day.

Looking for any and all suggestion. Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on December 8, 2019 at 00:01
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great suggestion Meaghan. Thanks!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    An alternative to the above suggestions may be to use wording inviting guests to a reception celebrating your recent marriage and include an insert regarding the ceremony and inviting them to attend if they like. You may find that many can't commit to both days and this permits them to only attend the reception if that is all they can do. Of course, that will only work if you are ok with guests attending the reception and not the ceremony.
    I think this wording would clarify what was happening for me and let me know that if I can't make it to the Friday ceremony, I'm still welcome to attend the reception (which would normally not be appropriate).
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Ashley.
    Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Allison.
    Thanks for replying. Love the suggestion. Really appreciate it.
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Vinod.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely look into the trifold option.
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amelia.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have one paragraph with all the ceremony info and then another paragraph with all reception info and i would make sure to bold or highlight the two different dates

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have a reception card, since most invitation templates do say "reception to follow"

The card could start off with: Our reception will be held on {insert date} and then continue on with those details. If you were having your ceremony and reception on the same day, but different locations, the reception card would be used to tell guests the location and details of the reception, in your case it would be the following day.

You could also see if you can change the reception to follow text in vista print templates. Most templates you can change most/all the text so you could say "Reception to follow on Saturday [your reception date].

Either way, I'd add a reception card so guest have that information.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Creating 2 different invitations to indicate your ceremony and reception separately does help for guests to know what date you have your events. This creates less confusion rather than going the same route of one invitation.

Suggestion to make is look into trifold invitation that allows you have all your information on it and easier so that you pay one price. I would have done that instead of making 2 cards.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you could put "Ceremony on Friday at " and "Reception on Saturday at" as long as you put all the details clearly you should be fine. Finding a template on sites like Vistaprint might be a bit harder but they probably exist.

If you can't find a good template on one invite, make an insert with details about the reception to go with the ceremony invitation. This would be great if you're inviting some people to one and not the other too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics