Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

Wedding Insurance did you get it? Was it worth the expense

Nadine, on September 20, 2017 at 14:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

I heard and read about this company that specializes in wedding insurance. Just wandering if anyone got it and if they thought it was worth the expense. I'm just not too sure, my ceremony location I have a backup if its raining. Reception is a restaurant but haven't asked them about any backup, if something goes wrong, but they did say they never had anything go wrong with a wedding or reception there. I'm already over my budget, not sure if I should go the extra expense. Reading the site makes me nervous as to what could go wrong.

https://www.palcanada.com/en/weddinguard

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 22:11
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I read up on it too and seems expensive personally. I didn't choose to go with it since everything came together smoothly.
  • Shannon
    Beginner November 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great! Thanks so much
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The company has all their prices right on their site and has a booklet with full detail o packages. They have 4 levels and the prices I copied from the website:

Silver Package: From $200.00 + policy fee + tax (if applicable)Gold Package: From $350.00 + policy fee + tax (if applicable)Diamond Package: From $600.00 + policy fee + tax (if applicable)Platinum Package: From $900.00 + policy fee + tax (if applicable)

The website is https://www.palcanada.com/en/weddinguard

They came recommended at my local wedding show.

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask what prices you were quoted?
  • Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was optional for us, but it just felt smart since we're not covered by the venue. The company I went with had some pretty good prices, I think.

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I have never heard of wedding insurance before actually planning a wedding lol Our venue will only rent to you if you have liability insurance covering up to 2 million. I have heard that it can cost from 200$ - 500$ but it may be worth it if you are having open bar or any alcohol at all.
  • Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue recommended that we get insurance. They have their own insurance, but mentioned that if someone gets hurt and their insurance plan sues, the venue's liability coverage would NOT extend to us as a couple, so we would be vulnerable to that. If your venue's insurance extends to you then don't worry about it. If not, maybe do a bit of research.

I went through PAL Canada (found them through the wedding show - https://www.palcanada.com/en/weddinguard) and they have different levels of coverage with the minimum liability coverage being $1million. There was also honeymoon coverage and some other incidentals included. The coverage was approved instantly and it's all online. Well worth it in my opinion for the peace of mind. I'm a worrier by nature, so this works out for me knowing we're covered.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't even heard of wedding insurance or even knew it existed. I dont think it is worth the money, your venue and vendors should have back ups if something does happen. The only reason I would get insurance is if you were holding the event on your own private property just incase someone gets injured. even then I'm not sure people purchase it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics