Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cockerton
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Wedding Favours - Yay or Nay?

Cockerton, on December 8, 2019 at 22:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25

We are on the fence for wedding favours. What should we budget and what are some ideas you have for wedding favours for your guests?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on February 8, 2020 at 20:09
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping them.... I think if you are planning on having them it cost a few hundred dollars depending on your guest count.

Probably will do a donation to a charity of our choice in the name of our guests.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided not to do wedding favours. We thought it was an old tradition and at most weddings we've been too, we found that many of the favours were left there. So instead, we are doing a candy bar and are getting personalized bags so people can put the candy into. That way if there is any candy left, we can still enjoy it after and we aren't spending a ridiculous amount of money.

• Maria
    Newbie July 2020 Quebec
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a small wedding. I was thinking of mini champagne bottles as favors, but i have also found Wedding Party Favors Ideas with so many unique ideas, i really loved the useful section.

• A
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Aamna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're expecting 300 people so we ordered a bunch of wedding favour boxes from AliBaba (Wish had them too) and visited the Lindt store on Black Friday to purchase 100 pcs/$30. We'll be putting 2 chocolates in each box!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped them. nobody missed them.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping favours. Both my fiancé and I have disabled siblings are we are donating to organizations that have supported them. If you want to do favours I would always suggest something edible. Usually everything else gets left behind.

• Cockerton
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I could make maple fudge. Who doesn’t love fudge lol
  • Alara
    Newbie May 2021 Manitoba
    Alara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t doing favours, I think because they’ll get left behind. Maybe if there’s money in the budget I might do something, BUT I have been to a wedding where someone donated to the local human society in their guests names and put a little donation card (business card size) at each plate. So you could donate $1/guest plus printing the card cost and give back to the community. It sort of satisfies the wedding favour expectation perhaps while keeping a lower budget. Nobody needs to know how much was actually donatedSmiley winking
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im budgeting about $1.50 pp or less for favors. you could edible ones theyre cheaper. this site has a ton of favors. https://www.favorsbyserendipity.com/favors.html

• K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing homemade decorated snowflake cookies to go with my winter theme.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be in between since most couples don't do much of it.

Yay! Beautiful items as favours that will be used are thoughtful to give of your touch and personality. Simple edibles such as chocolates/candy/jelly are great too on the lower end for guests to enjoy as power snacks or with/after meals.

Nay! A simple Thank you card with charm or name tag is nice enough for your guest to appreciate. Donations are also nice way to remember those in your family to help out by them giving to the charity of your choice

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out blankets! They were a hit!

Blankets on sale at ikea only cost 2.49/ea which I admit is on the higher side but it killed two birds with one stone since we has an outdoor ceremony!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a candy bar for favours. I got an amazing deal on the set up on marketplace. I love candy. I'll only get the ones we like so anything brought home won't go to waste.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think "trend wise" - wedding favours are preferred. I've been told guests expect them? Which I thought was weird because I don't even want them at weddings, especially if I'm being provided with a meal and open bar.

I think if you're doing wedding favours - your favour sounds great! Edible is always better I think. At least it gets used and if it doesn't, more for you and your FH.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was against favours for our wedding by hubby really wanted them - we went with dark chocolate bars with a personalized wrapper and they were actually a really big hit! None left behind at all.

I don't think anyone will be upset if there are no favours, so go with what feels right to you.

• M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're skipping favours! Jamie Wolfer is a Youtuber who gives wedding advice (she's a wedding planner) and she says that every wedding she does, the majority of the favours get left behind. So we will just stick with thank-you cards afterwards.

• Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to be skipping favours as I've heard the majority of them get left behind anyway. However, we are considering doing a candy bar, and if so I think we will put little boxes with it so people can take some home if they want.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided to get cookie mix from walmart and cut them into heart shapes then ice them. Probably going to cost me like 10 bucks! AND if no one wants them guess who gets to eat cookies, ME!

• Megan
    Beginner September 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided that wedding favours are on the no list for us unless we have some extra money. There are other areas of our wedding we want to spend the money. A lot of people at weddings I’ve been to just leave the favours on the table or they disappear mysteriously after the wedding like you said, so for us it’s not really a priority.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing personalized playing cards as both sides of our family are big into cards! We honestly love how they turned out.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing chocolate bars with a personalized wrapper. We figured most people will take them and eat them and any ones left behind we can take home and won’t mind eating ourselves or baking with or whatever.

I would suggest doing an edible favour. Another thing I’ve seen a number of weddings do now is taking the money they would spend on favours and donating it to a charity and then they just have a sign somewhere at the wedding saying “in lieu of favours we made a donation to (insert charity)”
  • Cockerton
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If we do something I think it will be edible - we were thinking little jars of maple syrup (cottage-rustic-Canadiana theme) but if the trend atm is not to do favours... then I am in favour Smiley winking

• Cockerton
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing! This is what we are leaning to but wanted to hear other peoples' point of view.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're skipping favors! People don't always take them so why waste the money.

As a guest I never used favors unless they were edible and even then I know I've thrown out a few jars of wedding jam.
    Save the money or use it to splurge on something else for the guests!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I always think wedding favours are a waste of money. Lots get left behind, guests just throw them out - it bugs me.

However, my FH said we needed to have them - so we are.
    Originally, I wanted to do something edible which I think is always a hit with people. One cousin gave out mini liquors which many guests used at the wedding. Another cousin gave out yummyGummy bears! Also a hit!
    I would’ve gone with something edible if I had my way because at least if no one took them, I could use them!!
    I still like our favours but I’d never use them all if they got left behind!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics