Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner September 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador

Wedding Favours - diy caramel/candy apples

Taylor, on February 25, 2020 at 10:02 Posted in DIY 0 5

Hi everyone,

We are struggling with wedding favours! We are getting married in September but the weather is so odd in September, we won't really know if its going to be more like summer or fall.

Right now, we are thinking about DIY caramel apples. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this? Did it work out? I'm slightly worried about the apples staying good over night and then all day at the reception.

Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 6, 2020 at 15:05
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent seen this but it sounds great!! you can also add some food coloring to make it your wedding colors. i would just make sure the apples are very fresh and keep them cold until you place them at your venue

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Apples will hold up well after they are dipped and kept in a cool area in the meantime.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE this idea for favors. I think it is perfect for September as well.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds really cute! Have you ever had the chocolate caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? I think they kept theirs cold to keep the caramel from sloughing off. Maybe trays of ice underneath whatever you'll display them on?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It says once they are wrapped they are good for 2 weeks in the fridge. Is there somewhere you can store them until it's time to have them out? I wouldn't imagine a few hours would hurt them. I love caramel apples. That sounds like an awesome favour to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics