Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brooke
Curious November 2021 Ontario

Wedding favours

Brooke, on May 19, 2020 at 07:05 Posted in DIY 0 10
Hi! I’m looking for inexpensive wedding flavour ideas! Roughly 100 guests 🙂 store bought or DYI send me your ideas!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Eden, on May 21, 2020 at 07:08
  • Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Before we decided to elope we had planned on doing mini jars of honey as favors, I can't remember how expensive but I know it was less than $5 per person. I love honey so even if we had leftovers I had planned on just taking them haha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my wedding back in October 2019, we bought blankets from IKEA that were pretty cheap given the item (2.49/ea)

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dollar tree has really cute candles. This is what one of my friends did for her favours.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what we did! It was quite cheap: ~$2.00/person.

Wedding favours 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you go the chocolate route, an option is getting Lindt at the stores when they go on sale. There's usually one in every major mall. But if you don't mind a limited selection of flavours, you can go to a Lindt Factory Outlet.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bulk barn is excellent to have your chocolates/candy bought in quantity to bag alone or assorted to bag for every individual kept at the table setting.

Inquiring with companies that do make specialized chocolates packaged to your specifications will be nice too so your guests enjoy a treat or take home thought. Budgeting for this option will vary on what kind is chosen and how many per packaging of your liking.

Compare pricing if that is something to consider and what works best so you know its beneficial to your best choice. I did get chocolate coins and place 5 per bag put in a welcome bag for each room handed out personally with a welcome package/wedding day schedule/activities.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For ours I bought mine and FH's favourite chocolate bars and put them in clear baggies then made tags out of paper in our wedding colours that say "His & Hers". I'd definitely go the edible route since many favours do end up getting left behind, but if it's food related then people are more likely to take them. And even if they don't, then FH and I will have no problem with eating the leftover ones over time 😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're skipping favors because I've heard so many people leave them behind that we didn't want the added cost and waste.

When we were thinking about them we were mostly looking at edible favors. I found a seller on Etsy who makes custom cookie stamps so you can put your name and date on sugar cookies. We also thought about personalized boxes for baked goods or some of our favorite sweets. With edible favors if there are extras at the end of the night you can encourage people to take a few more or eat them yourself while you address thank you cards!
  • Melissa
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you looked on WeddingStar.ca? They have loads of really cute favours that are really reasonably priced!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics