Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie August 2024 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Jessica, on May 11, 2020 at 20:29 Posted in DIY 0 24

Hey Guys,

I’m trying to figure out what to do for wedding favours that isn’t super expensive.. Can you please help?Smiley smile

24 Comments

Latest activity by Cathy, on August 29, 2020 at 07:05
  • C
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did candles and will be including personalized matches Smiley smile
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am thinking of doing stemless wine glasses with our names and dates on them in individual boxes. I figure stemless so people who don't drink wine can use them too.

My other idea was a candle.

Still early in my planning though. Visiting 10 venues next week while I am off work.

• Maureen
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding star, Canadian company, has some unique things for everyone from the bridal party to the guests...I bought their Phantom Chairs that I've using for my seating plan.

• L
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Leeanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to give out little packets of wildflower seeds that says "let love grow" since it'll be less than $2 a person

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Little mini herseys chocolates are cheap, you can do tea leaves in a tiny jar from dollarama with a nice thank you tag, playing cards, or coasters, sun glasses, candles, lip balm. those are all cheap ideas less than $1

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was looking at weddingstar and there were mixed reviews, have you got the products yet?
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome thank you so much !

that sounds really nice !

• E
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered 2 things off of Wedding Star...I did bubbles and etched wine glasses...the bubbles I think worked out to be $60 for 60 of them...and 60 wine glasses for $200 and it has our date...they do have ones that are stock...they have some pretty good deals

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its an option to have favours given your budget is fitting or pass on it. Packaged edible treats are easy and nice to have for every guest. Considering non-edible favours can be given as household, couples and individuals if chosen.

Edible treats of chocolates and/or candy is easy on the cost as it can be ordered through a company or by yourselves at bulk barn put into organza bags.

Your guests are coming out to celebrate with you and happy to enjoy the evening as a simple Thank You card favour is enough to give too if you feel a charity they can donate of your choice. Its a gift that is always appreciated to you and for them as a gift to you.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! 🤗
  • S
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is cute!

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing two thinks, small bottles of hot sauce and flavoured oil (were big into cooking), and something that not everybody’s going to want but super excited about is “our drinking playlist” CD. It’s filled with all the joke sings that aren’t appropriate for a wedding plus sound-clips from shows we quote all the time
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second Amelia's notion of no favours or giving an edible of some kind. We're likely not doing favours but if we are, I live near a cookie factory where I can get something pre-packaged that we can tie a ribbon around for less than $1 each.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking about doing more than one type of favour to see if we can please everyone. We're having a cocktail reception so there aren't place settings to put them on. I was thinking of a table towards the exit that has chocolates, maybe small bottles of wine - things that people can take back to their hotel rooms and nosh on.

We are also doing personalized matchbooks. I was sold on this idea from the start - I love collecting matchbooks so we'll have a bowl of them on the bar (there are enough cigar/pot/cigarette smokers in my guestlist that I think people will appreciate them.

• C
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Favors are definitely not necessary but personally I think it's nice to give your guests a little something. Yes, some may forget or leave it behind at the end of the night but if it's something good and useful, I don't that would happen! I'm doing candles that I go with my theme and adding a personalized match box.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't have to do favors of you really don't want to. My fiance and I aren't doing them. Less money that we have to spend. All of the weddings we've gone to most people forget about them at the end of the night.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered little bags and personalized stickers from AliExpress and are going to make cookies as our favours. The only favours I ever really make use of are the edible ones personally. We are going to have them on everyone’s plates at their table so they can snack on them before dinner if they want.

For 130ish people they will cost around $100 all in! (Although we’ll have to get new stickers since we’ve decided to postpone now 😒)Wedding Favours 1

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiance and I have been addicted to soaps from a local business so we thought we would get a bunch and have them cut in half and we are also making our own bath salts with our own blend of oils and such. We are getting labels made and just putting it in little mason jars!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s rustic country. But still very elegant .. and it will be in grand bend Ontario
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Jam is nice! You can even make it yourself and order some customized jar labels from zazzle or another printing site
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want to save money you can skip the favors altogether. Most people leave them behind or forget them at the reception.

Something edible is nice, maybe locally made fudge or a small jar of jam or honey. At least then at the end of the night you can encourage people to take extras or be able to use the remaining favors yourself. Lots of sites sell favor packaging that you can customize with your names date and colors to make them more personal.
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What is the theme and location of your wedding?

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Around that price would be nice. We are getting married Aug 2021 and our wedding will be around 80 people

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What would your price range be that you are looking for?

My wedding favours were fleece blankets from IKEA that were only $2.49/each and since my wedding was in October it was really just killing 2 birds with one stone seeing as how our ceremony was outside and they would be used prior to being brought home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics