Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Super June 2021 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Samantha, on September 24, 2019 at 08:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16
There seems to be a huge gap between what certain wedding favours cost, and I suppose it depends somewhat on the overall theme of the wedding, too. But what did you spend on favours? What did you end up getting? Did you bother with them at all?

I was thinking it would cute to get bulk size packages of mine and FH's favourite candies and put them in "his & hers" bags. It would cost about $120 all together for 60.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Alicia, on October 28, 2019 at 09:44
  • Alicia
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t do any wedding favours lol. And everyone’s opinion is different . But we provided a lot for our guests already . We just did a dessert table with a candy bar . And people can take that home. It gives more of a choice aswell .
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We DIYed ours and it was a ton of work and probably cost the same as getting them professionally done. As for your question on whether or not you should have favours at all? I vote YES since it's a really nice way of thanking everyone for being there for your special day and for their gift to you.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im ordering favors off aliexpress.com for under $1 pp

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're DIYing ours. I'm going to make jam and then have a jar decorating party Smiley smile we're having a barn wedding so I thought it would fit.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to make sure our guests left with something worth while so we ordered maple syrup. 250 ml bottles for each and every guest ($6 each). I supported a farm and thought it was something people could and would use. $900 I didn’t need to spend but did anyway! It was a must have for me. As a guest I don’t care if I do or do not get something as a favour but as a host I love giving.
  • Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am DIY'ing my favours.

We are making paper coffee mugs and putting shortbread cookies inside of them (all wrapped up obviously) for 64 might have spent 40$ on supplies. I've been to so many wedding where the guests leave the favours behind so we really wanted to opt for something small and that would at least be recyclable.

If doing wedding favours isn't your thing or in the budget, you can also do a 'in lieu of favours' card and donate to a charity of choice.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We opted out of favours because most people are too drunk to remember to take them home. We ended up putting extra money into a dessert table instead and including our cake was just over $600 total for 100 people.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing boxes of candy for ours! I believe ours cost around $2 per person as well: I think anything from $1-$5 per person is reasonable. If you were having a smaller guest list, you could do a pricier favour, but definitely not neccessary.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing candy table. I'm not sure how much it'll cost in the end but I love how they look and if no one takes their favour candy for us. I will use our favourite candies as well in case we have a lot left over 😉 I think your bags of candy will be perfect.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did his and hers chocolates in little boxes that my aunt made. We did lindor chocolates (I got 160 for $50 bucks) and then M&M's (Cost me $40, we got 2 boxes of 48 mini packs from the states). So it was a little under $100 for 70 favours, plus extras!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having blankets! "To have and to hold, in case you get cold"

We got ours from Ikea for $2.49/each (they were on sale, originally $2.99/each)

Of course ours works well as we are having a fall wedding and would want blankets anyway so we are killing 2 birds with 1 stone by doing this as our favours.

Rough price for favours are around the $2 mark so the "his & hers" bags with candies seems about right Smiley smile

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're putting our cupcakes in individual boxes and using those as favours. Guests can eat their cupcakes at the wedding or take it home for later.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love all the edible favors!

Not sure how much ours will cost in the end, but we are going to do pumpkin pie tarts. Since we are getting married on Thanksgiving Sunday! Need to have pumpkin pie somehow haha.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe mine were around $2 in the end. I bought all the mason jars, string, labels and bucket of honey. I packaged it all myself. If I didn't, it would have been $3-$4 a bottle.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I've been trying to throw in personal touches here and there and thought who doesn't love candy?!Smiley xd

I loved the idea of honey or even maple syrup! I just couldn't make the numbers work unfortunately. My future mother-in-law makes jam and jellies constantly so I considered asking her if she's willing to do that, but we're already having our ceremony in her backyard so I didn't want to have her worrying about that, too.

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like that idea! It's inexpensive (as far as favours go) and it's more personable.

I have a long time friend who is a bee keeper and she is doing hunny jars for us, but even with a discount, it is still much more than your idea. Still personable and I really like to help out the local businesses, especially if they are run by people I know and love.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics