Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Wedding favours

Emily, on September 21, 2018 at 07:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 74
What are people’s thougts on them? Are you doing them? If you are/did what did you do, how much did you spend?

Did anyone do a donation to a cause instead?

Just looking for ideas.

74 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 3, 2018 at 18:33
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that is a great way to honour you dad and tournament FH’d dad!
  • Cassandra
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding favours are basically the table decorations, I know alot of people and myself included wonder if we can take them lol so that's why I'm making my table decorations the gifts. They are small crowns that have a glass dome that goes in the middle. I'm going to be putting a tea light and some flowers in it with other things to add some height to the table.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had initially decided to give edible favours but have since changed our minds and will be doing a donation in lieu of favours to our local hospice where my dad passed and princess Margaret where my partners dad had cancer treatment.
  • Benj
    Newbie November 2018 Ontario
    Benj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting custom printed M&Ms... our names, dates and photos - and in our wedding colours!

https://www.mymms.com/home.do

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did donations. My husband's uncle passed away from ALS so we donated to the ALS society of Canada. As well as to the Sick Kids Foundation, I was badly burnt as a toddler and spent a few months in Sick Kids.

Wedding favours 1
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning on putting a hersheys chocolate bar with a custom label I'm going to make explaining that in lieu of gifts we'll be donating to Princess Margaret, and with that we'd donate to Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.

Not sure how much we're going to donate, but most likely something substantially larger then we would have spent if we would have gotten favours.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that your friend is doing this for you. All the warm and fuzzies, and I think your way to thank her is super classy. If people really like her work, it will also save you a bunch of phone calls with people asking who is the artist behind the pottery :-)
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless it's something edible, nah. Even when it's practical i am rarely a fan, it usually ends up collecting dust. My sisters and i have noticed that the weddings we attend tend to not have favors anymore, and we don't miss them. I rather have good music and excellent food that leaves me satisfied, so for my wedding i will be concentrating on that. I do like the idea of a charitable donation however instead of a favor.
  • Jamie
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think for the adults, I want to do a small packet of wildflower seeds (seeds for some of the flowers in my bouquet). I will need to consult a local florist or horticulturist before I make a final decision though.
  • A
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The bakery that is doing our wedding cupcakes (in lieu of a traditional cake) is also making custom sugar cookies with our initials on them. There will be one on each plate when guests walk in Smiley smile Food is always a hit with favors at any wedding I have been to!

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got these boxes they Have twine to tie around them, putting 2 lindor chocolates inside

Wedding favours 2
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s totally reasonable!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We decided on something simple! We are getting stickers that day his favourite, her favourite and we are going to do get chocolate for his and candy for mine. Reasonable cost and I thought it was kinda cute.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would you midn sharing the place? Even private message.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree so many things get left behind. That’s why I wasn’t into doing favours. I figured the candy table was good.

But then my fiancé ordered wine glasses lol. Well I guess if a lot are left we will have a lot of new wine glasses.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not in the traditional sense...

We won't be handing our guests any homemade/handmade trinkets, as we've seen many favors get left behind at our friends' weddings.

Instead, we'll be handing out drink tickets to our guests during cocktail hour. In addition to wine during dinner and the meal, that's enough, IMO.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great! But honestly I agree with you.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A family friend whose known me since diapers is offering to make our favours as a wedding present. She's a very skilled potter and her work is gorgeous and works with our theme. Since she refuses to let pay her for her materials and time, I thought a great way to drum up business for her was to plan on announcing the favours and including a business card in each piece for her to spread the word around.

• Gallia
    Curious October 2018 British Columbia
    Gallia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I can’t remember a wedding I’ve been to where there wasn’t a bunch of wedding favours left and wasted.

We have chosen not to give wedding favours. Instead our DJ is also our MC and he does games and will give out prizes during cocktail hour.

On top of that, I think free food and booze is pretty solid and then sending out thank you cards after the wedding is more than enough.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing candles for our favours. They were just over a dollar each, I think it was like $1.12 each. They are practical and small and if someone doesn’t want theirs or forgets it then I can have a nice bubble bath with all my extra candles lol!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You do you girl. If I went to a wedding and that was the favour, I'd be so happy tbh.

I honestly love where favours are going now (mainly because I hate nick nacks (sp?) ) and that's why ours is going to be something edible and personal lol.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm deciding if I should do favours as well. I was thinking a macaroon on each plate but that can be costly. It's such a cute idea though! Or a cookie. If you can find someone who will give you a good deal to create fav0urs in bulk I would do it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They have DEFINATELY come a long way. I remember my aunt's wedding having fruit cake (she got married in mid November in the 90s). YUCK! but it was what they did! and match books. hahaha

I know its polite to give your guests the "thank you". but I also feel that your meal, booze, dj are your thank you to everyone (especially since we are doing open bar....family style, multi-course meal at an Italian club.....they will NOT go home hungry). hahah

I agree. if people don't like the donation or the why that I am doing that. they can shove it! my wedding. my choice. hahaha

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought them from a local wine shop in town! They were able to order in 200 bottles plus corks plus the sealable toppers for us!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a good call!
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get the bottles from?? I’ve looked online but can’t decide which ones to pick
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are either doing smores or candy apples as our wedding is October 2019. Oh and hot chocolate for the kids too.
  • Jamie
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm considering making small crochet dolls (animals or people, have not decided yet), for the children attending--I think there will only be 10 or 12, but we're still very early in our planning.

Not sure yet about favours for adults.
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on doing a dontation to an organization that is very dear to our hearts in the name of our guests. We will do a nice little note stating this with a couple chocolates to go with or something like that.
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did mini pies in a clear box. It seemed like such a great idea, but I had to basically chase people down to make sure they took one otherwise people seemed to forget. We paid $5 a pie!
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing k-cup duos. Smiley smile

FavoursWedding favours 3

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing homemade wine and putting it in 350ml bottles! Costing about $3.00 per person in the end!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics