Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liga
Devoted June 2021 Quebec

wedding favor Ideas.....

Liga, on October 12, 2019 at 01:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

Candywedding favor Ideas..... 1

Wedding favor ideas...

The more I think....the more I would like to have something for my guests! But nothing too expensive and something useful.

I saw on youtube, on one wedding, scratching Lottery TicketsSmiley smile That's kind of funny...especially if someone wins somethingSmiley smile

What will be or what was your WEDDING Favor...

Drinkwedding favor Ideas..... 2

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on December 2, 2019 at 22:08
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately I do not Smiley sad

• M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do u know where she got her honeys from?
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The last wedding I attended had cute little cookies that had our names written on them in icing, so they were favours AND place cards! Bonus that they were edible (because nobody wants to go home with a cactus to take care of lol)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of little booze bottles. It's cute and something that will probably be used. We had homemade biscotti and they were a huge hit! My friend just got married and had mini honey jars and that was super cute.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the little booze ones. but what about kids? will you order another favor for them? are there people who dont drink? the safe route is the candy one!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going with a candy bar. I totally scored this candy bar display
    wedding favor Ideas..... 3that's right $15! She even threw in the tote bin that I can carry it in. I have a long list of different red, white and silver candies. We have a lindt store in the mall where I live they sell the chocolate balls 70 for $35 often. Bulk barn is going to love me closer to the day.
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tori...Since my wedding is only next year 2020. I guess I will buy favors in last 2 weeks. Since wedding is small as well.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine were blankets! Bit expensive but given that our wedding was in October it was killing two birds with one stone!

Otherwise I would go with a shot glass, candy, or like food in general. I would avoid alcohol just because you can't trust everybody drinks ~ then again, your wedding.. so who cares? Pick what represents you!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted something that was important to us, but also cost effective. We did his and hers chocolates. We had bags of M&m's, and then a couple lindor chocolates in a box.

If you do edible favours, look around for deals! We got a great deal at the lindor store for 160 chcoolates, and my Uncle found a great deal at Sams club for M&M's!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bunny...Sounds nice! And i agree, if it is left, that it can be used.Smiley star

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing candy and bottle openers for our guests!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted something relatively inexpensive, but had some meaning to us.

The leading idea we are considering doing chocolate bars from the Newfoundland Chocolate Factory. My FH is from Newfoundland and it was the first thing he ever got me as a gift (he went home for a friend's wedding shortly after we met). It's special to us, and, if some get left behind, we like their chocolate so we won't be stuck with a million of something we can't use/won't eat. :-)
    I do like the suggestions of the charity a few people have mentioned! My FH & I do a fundraiser every year for the Children's Miracle Network, so this might get added to the line up.

Main thing I might suggest if about 50% gets left behind, get something you might enjoy or use.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brett...that was my first thought not to have any favors, since we are paying hotel for all the guests, even if they could go home after wedding. Then I was thinking if I would go with wedding favor, it should be cheap, exactly, I dont want to spend a lot of money on that. So maybe, I will do, as I was thinking in beginning..non any favors. I still have time to think! Having it just to have it, I dont want, if I have, I want something fun, cute or useful.

Scratch lotto ticket was fun idea, but how will i present it on table...in small envelope I guess!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is nice as well!Smiley star

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shannon, That's nice and really Quebecois. Smiley smile

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not giving favours to our guests, instead we are doing a donation to our children’s hospital in their name.

• B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Food for thought.. in my planning I have watched a lot of YouTube videos by wedding planners that suggest not wasting money on favours. According to them more than 50% of favours get left behind. This is why we are opting to not have any favours. We may instead do a charity donation to something cancer related(my dad passed away from cancer a little over a year ago).
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello, Im doing mini Maple leaf bottles of Maple syrup. I'm from Quebec and the syrup is all around.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's nice!Smiley smile

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess, I will go with edible!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're putting our cupcakes in individual boxes so the guests can take their cake home if they wish.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We definitely wanted to do edible favours. We haven’t ordered them yet, but we’re ordering chocolate bars were personalized wrappers that say our names and wedding date.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Edibles are great ideas for guests to take home at the end of the event. Candies in a organza bag, boxed chocolates of 2, jars of honey/jam/preserves, cupcakes and/or packaged macaroons.

The idea of small liquor is nice though some may not be drinkers.

Actual gifts given should be something to use on daily basis or personalized when thought out.

A tag with your name and date on one side with a message on the other side thanking your guest attending would say more time to do and save on the postage of Thank you cards.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics