Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie July 2018 British Columbia

Wedding Dress on a Budget

Jeannelle, on February 13, 2018 at 13:51 Posted in British Columbia 0 8

Does anyone know of any good places in the lower mainland, or Washington state, to get good deals on dresses? I have found a dress I love, but I don't want to spend over 1000K on something I will wear once. I would prefer to try a dress on and not blindly order from the internet.

I went to a dress dash in Seattle by Brides for a Cause, but unfortunately, I did not find a dress I liked.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 2, 2018 at 19:02
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're able to travel down to a David's Bridal in the states (just over the border), they will have a larger selection and probably more sale items than up here in Langley...

It is really unfortunate when consultants put you in something over budget... unless you hadn't made that clear... but really, they shouldn't let you fall in love with something you can't afford.

• L
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Liz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ended up buying my dress at Isabelle's Bridal. My dress was a couple hundred more than what I wanted to spend but it was under my fiance's budget for my dress.
    I took my mother-in law's advice and she said if I can spend a little bit more on the dress that I really love, get it! She picked the dress based on her budget and she's regretting it to this day. My friend picked her second favorite dress and she too regretted it. So it's really up to you.

Isabelle's Bridal in North Vancouver offers 20% off your dress on your first bridal appointment, if you say "yes". Check them out.

• Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So.. I just came from David's Bridal in Langley and I found the one! It wasn't cheap but way less than the $1000 dresses offered at Hastings & Boundary and New West. And a HUGE selection. I'd recommend giving it a go (Paula is an angel!) and stop by Olive Garden when you are done! Smiley xd

• Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Liz, how was it?

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard David's Bridal in Bellingham has good prices, but I haven't checked them out yet.

• L
    Liz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no that’s very sad to hear. I had an amazing time. They asked me for my budget and I found a dress that was way under my budget.
  • J
    Newbie July 2018 British Columbia
    Jeannelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately when I went to David's Bridal, they gave me some really expensive dresses to try on. So now there's a dress I LOVE but it's way more than I want to pay.

Good luck at your appointment!!

• L
    Liz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm on the same boat as you.

A friend recommended David's Bridal in Langley. I heard they have a great selections of dresses and they are having a sale. Check out their website: http://www.davidsbridal.ca/
    I have an appointment this coming Monday. I can share my experience if you'd like.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics