Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daniella
Beginner June 2018 Ontario

Wedding dress colour?

Daniella, on September 21, 2017 at 22:08 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Should i do ivory or ivory lace with a champagne/blush colour underneath !! I'm torn . Saw my dress again today and not sure if I should do ivory instead . What is everyone else doing ?!?

10 Comments

Latest activity by JENNIFER, on September 23, 2017 at 23:11
  • JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m fair and I got a dress that is ivory over blush! I love how the lace stands out over the underlay. I think it’s beautiful. We’re having a second reception in Miami and my cocktail dress for that event is also a lace but over a tan color.

Wedding dress colour? - 1
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends. I did ivory cause I’m a little pale and white washes me out. And it’s easier to match with cause then if you get stark white u have to make sure everything else matches other wise you’re dress can look “dirty”. At least that’s what my mom told me. And I trust a mothers word.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That dress is gorgeous! I for one really like the different colour undertone because it really shows off the lace detailing, which is AMAZING on this dress Smiley love BUT, with that being said, I agree with the other girls that you should get some pictures of yourself in it and see if you are happy with the way it photographs. There is no doubt that it is a beautiful dress, so you will be happy wearing it, but will you be happy with how it looks in photos? I think that is the deciding factor.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What is the colour of the grooms suit? I find that Ivory looks better with black and dark greys. Champagne looks better with blue suits. The blush I find goes with all colours but it really depends if the blush is more on the pinky side or the Rosey side .
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh it's gorgeous!!! Smiley heart

• Daniella
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a pic of my dress from the website. It says it is shown there in ivory/ blush champagne under tone. It looks nice . The pic you posted looked nice too. I think I'm just having anxiety.

Wedding dress colour? 1
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely take pictures of yourself in the dress in ivory with champagne, and in the closest looking dress you can find in all ivory! Pictures can really help you decide what you like best with your skin tone and how the dress looks in pictures.

The champagne underlay will definitely look a little different - but I think the different tones underneath ivory lace makes the lace really pop and shows off the detailing. However if you want a white white dress then I'd go with all ivory Smiley shame

Here's an example of a dress with champagne under white lace - but it will all depend on your exact dress and the colors they offer!

Ivory lace dress with champagne undertones

:: Photo from Pinterest

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have pictures of the different colour variations? Have you already bought your dress? If so, don't worry, I also second guessed myself before going for my first fitting. I fell in love with it all over again though Smiley smile

• Daniella
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to two stores and the dress was not in stock in just ivory. Just with ivory lace and the champagne undertone. I tried other ivory (white) dresses in. They both look good. Today I just felt conflicted and I'm second guessing my choice. Will it show up differently in pics !
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with traditional white, so not of much help there (sorry). Which of the colors works best with your skin tone?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics