Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Wedding Dress Alterations

Michelle, on May 21, 2019 at 16:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
I bought my wedding dress from a travelling wedding dress event (Opportunity Bridal). I fell in love with it when I tried it on, but now that I’m going to be going for my alterations soon, I’m second guessing it. I was thinking of having cap sleeves added but I’m not sure if it’s possible. Has anyone had a similar style dress and successfully added sleeves?

Wedding Dress Alterations 1

Wedding Dress Alterations 2

Wedding Dress Alterations 3

6 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 4, 2019 at 19:01
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you look beautiful just the way it is

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks great!!

I say to wait until you have it fitted to you and see what it looks like from there. What about a shall?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I put mine on for funsies before my alteration appointment. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! I was so sad.. I felt like you do..

went to my appointment, got it altered, went back and I fell in love all over again. Let them do their job and when it fits you like a glove you will remember why you fell in love with it in the first place.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look beautiful! Honestly when you have alterations it will help you feel better in the dress than when it isn't fitting. The cap sleeves sound very nice as well, as the seamstress what she can do.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sure you can add cap sleeves to the dress!

If youre having doubts, don’t look at other dresses! Wait to see your dress come in and talk to the seamstress - they have great ideas on how to make a dress amazing!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has a similar back and has some lace on the front and it came with cap sleeves so I'm sure they can add them on. All you can do is take to the seamstress and ask if they can do it, they will know their limits as well as what they can do with the material. hopefully it all works out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics