Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karlie
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Wedding Dress

Karlie, on March 7, 2019 at 09:35 Posted in Ontario 0 16
How far in advance did you guys buy your wedding dress? Does anyone have any suggestions for boutiques around the gta ?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on May 6, 2019 at 15:22
  • K
    Newbie April 2020 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found mine last month and will be ordering it late June for my April 18th 2020 wedding. I went to Best for Bride in Etobicoke and they suggested to allow 6-7 months for it to be ordered than a few months for alterations.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married next July and I am starting to look now.

I think I will need the extra time as I will need alterations for sure (5 foot bride, everything needs to be altered Smiley sad )

• Karlie
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Karlie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have found the one I want 😊, haven’t gone to try it on yet. It’s at Elizabeth and Beau in Woodbridge! Has anyone been there?! Experiences?
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you found your dress yet?

I ordered mine in November, it didn't arrive until March. It is strapless and I found the perfect lace straps to be added, those take another 2 months to come in. So 6 months for everything to come in. I'm getting married in September.

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered mine at the beginning of November, it came in within the month. I have scheduled my fitting for August which will be 2 months before my wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered mine in November of 2018 and my wedding is this upcoming August, so about 8 months or so. I’m pushing it tho! I would recommend ordering your dress a year before so you don’t have to stress out about it arriving in time and leaving room for alterations.

I’m in Woodbridge and I visited several boutiques when searching for “the dress”.

I personally went with Elisabeth and Beau. The experience was warm and friendly, while still maintaining an “upscale” feel. I didn’t feel pressured and the sales associate helping me (Rita) was wonderful. They had dresses in a wide variety of price points and sizes, so there’s definitely something there for everyone.

I visited some other boutiques too and my experiences were not the same. I went to Amanda-Lina and while the dresses were gorgeous and the sales staff was nice enough, I felt pressured and was limited to a one-hour appointment. It wasn’t enough time and they don’t let you check out the dresses they have available in the back. ALSO, while most of the other places I went to had private change rooms and viewing spaces for your family and friends, Amanda-Lina has you come out in front of everyone in the store basically, so it can be a little uncomfortable.

That’s just how I felt tho! Everyone’s comfort levels are different.
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine 11 months in advance! It came in super quick
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my dress 5 months in advance and had to pay a $300 rush fee.

Wedding Wire has a great list of dress shops , and designers , so be sure to check them out

Check out " Prepare to Be Unprepared ", for my tips on the wedding dress shopping experience.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased my wedding dress in October 2018 and my wedding is October 2019 so that it game me a full year for the dress to get here. Good thing too, because when my dress came in last month - the beading had snagged on the dress in transport and they had to reorder it. The new one should arrive in July which is only 3 months before the wedding!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my dress in June 2018 for our October 2019 wedding! Picked up the dress the end of September.

Depending on the designer you are looking at, where you are buying it etc will change how long it takes to come in!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine 14 months in advance of my wedding and received it after 11 months! Bought from Kleinfeld! They recommend 10-12 months so I was exactly in that!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought mine eight months before, just 1 month after I got engaged. It was the first major planning decision after choosing the actual wedding date Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm the anomaly and I bought my dress at 18 months before the wedding! Most wait until the 12 month mark, but I was too stoked to wait and ended up loving a dress and buying it! Even with the new styles coming out, I look at my dress and still love it!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend going 9-12 months in advance as that’s standard for a lot of places to be able to get them ordered and still have time for any alterations after the fact!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my dress 11 months out (October 2018) and I'm still waiting for it to come in - should be in March/April.

Wedding Wire has a pretty extensive list of bridal boutiques. You can go through them here.

Happy planning!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my wedding dress 5 months in advance (I have a 7 month engagement) I bought off the rack at Superior Bridal in Markham. There were so many dresses to choose from and it was a really great experience! My sister ordered her dress from there last year when she got married too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics