Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen
Expert September 2018 Ontario

Wedding dress

Karen, on March 19, 2018 at 20:23 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Anybody ordered their wedding dress online?
On my facebook feed, cocomelody kept popping out so I checked them out and they got insane affordable and great looking dresses. Even reviews are great. So I'm curious. Or any other site.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cassie, on May 2, 2018 at 12:19
  • Cassie
    Newbie August 2023 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome so glad you found a dress and yes unforunately I haven’t found one and totally stressing out.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't end up buying from them. I really didn't wanna risk it. I hope you find a dress. So far, from where I'm from I found sales and found the 1.
  • Cassie
    Newbie August 2023 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered from cocomelody and it was shipped to me with a stain already on the dress.. they didn’t help what so ever they offered to give me $69 for the stain and $88 for the customization fee as it was way too big. I spent $200 to get the stain out and it still hasn’t so I’m getting back what I paid for the stain removal that didn’t work but out $580 for the actual drsss and have only 3 months to find a new dress because mine is unusable. Put a review on their site as well but doesn’t show up at all
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I've looked around for a dress. But still undecided with what silhouette to go for. I'll probably dig more into reviews before I get anything on this site. Thank u
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I'm a bit unsure of my size so I'm going to be cautious of getting a dress at that site.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like the others, I would suggest still going to a bridal store to try on dresses and get an idea of the style you like. If you do end up ordering online, check out the return policy first just in case.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even if you end up ordering online, I do recommend doing a few bridal shop visits to try different dress shapes and colors and see what you like best on yourself, since you won't get to do that when ordering online

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am always a cautious about ordering clothes online as I am a bit of an odd shape. I would rather go into a store and get help from a sales associate especially for my wedding dress. I also feel like by shopping online you miss out on the whole wedding dress shopping experience. I really enjoyed it but if you have found something you love online then go for it. Just make sure you have plenty of time to get it and make any necessary changes or return it for a different size.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a love/hate relationship with all of the different wedding theme ads I get on Facebook now that we’ve started planning... lol. Hopefully dress shopping goes well for you!
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well I lm planning on buying at a store in London, ON but ads on fb about cocomelody kept popping and i got curious and looked at it. I did find some dresses and made me wondered if i should go for it. So far online reviews are good. Only bad reviews is there store location in LA, which is about customer service.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The online reviews are all great. However, I went on to read on yelp reviews and the only bad reviews they got was about customer service at there LA store. Or seamstress at the store made mistakes. No online bad review. So I'm very intrigue. They do offer swatch sample.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking about ordering a dress online too! Advice I’ve heard is to go to a store and try on what you think you want first, in case the style you want is something you actually hate on, get fabric/colour swatches, and read lots of reviews. It’s soooo much cheaper to order online, and I also just like the styles better. I’m sure whatever you choose will be beautiful!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve only known people to order it off of a site where you could go in and check. But not there so ordered online. How was the reviews on the site? Could u get a material sample?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics