Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anya
Newbie February 2020 New Brunswick

Wedding day timeline...help!!

Anya, on January 18, 2020 at 17:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Wedding day timeline...help!! 1 So my videographer messaged and reminded me I only have her for 8 hours. Are there any suggestions from anyone to make this timeline work so that we don’t have to pay 250$ extra for more time? Photography is covered as he’s 10 hours and all I really want is first dances and cake etc then he’s good to go but I’m stumped with videographer Smiley sad

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on February 4, 2020 at 13:03
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not what you looked getting ready, it's what you looked like while expressing your love for each other. The expressions on your friends and family faces during the celebrations.

If you really want getting ready video, use someone in the wedding party's cell phone to capture it, use your professional for the ceremony and celebrations.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to have the videographer come for when you guys are ready and pretend to do finishing touches like the others suggested, and then just move up the bouquet & garter toss to right after the first dance so that you can dance after both are thrown and those people have the bouquet and garter to dance with? - but you will miss the take off. To be fair, unless you have a big send off scheduled it's not that bad to miss it and just have photo's.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would tell him to start when youre already ready and have some fake putting on makeup or hairstyling video and then start there. that way you get your entire ceremony and then into the evenin for speeches and stuff

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Natasha, trimming a bit of the getting ready footage should make it easier to catch that late night fun with your guests. Or if you really want those shots cut a little at the end of the reception. If it were me I'd rather capture the parts with the guests because 30 years from now you'll probably care more about watching a lost loved one dancing or making a toast than you will about watching yourself pretend to apply makeup.

Although in the long run $250 extra isn't that bad if it lets you get all the footage you want.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You probably don’t need your videographer to arrive as early as you think if you have your photographer taking “getting ready photos”. You’ll have memories of those moments.

And maybe move up a few of the late night reception elements a bit earlier in the timeline?
    8 hours is still plenty of time and with pictures too I’m sure most of your highlight moments will be captured beautifully.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The major timing to work around should be your ceremony and reception. Considering the photos time frame and how long you need or getting ready, consider more time towards that part too.

Reception wise, First dance, cake cutting and speeches should be done first for pictures within the 8 hours of service.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics