Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding day time lines

Vanessa, on July 10, 2018 at 17:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone,

I’m going to make my timeline this week for our wedding in 3 weeks and I’m unsure how to go about it. What did yours look like for your wedding? Did you do cards that said everything or a sign outside/ in venue? I would love to see what others did for inspiration. Our ceremony is at 3 pm and cocktails 5 pm and dinner 6 pm and that’s about it.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 12, 2018 at 04:19
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do signs with our times, and our times were off what we had planned anyway. We had a 2:00 ceremony which started early, 5:00 dinner which was late, first dance scheduled for 7:30 which we did early since people were done dinner in just over an hour, and our 10:00 poutine bar was served at 9:30 instead. It’s okay to come up with a schedule, but be flexible with it. Just cuz it’s written down doesn’t mean you can’t change it.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just planning to have the officiant tell people when to go to the reception venue. Once they're there, the staff will handle the transition from cocktail to dinner, and our MC will tell the guests anything else that's needed.

I don't a sign or cards because that would imply making them, and that would force us to stick to a specific schedule, and I don't want to feel like we're behind schedule during the day.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with a pallet sign... Our times ended up being way off but people didnt seem to care haha.

Wedding day time lines 1
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will proabably make a chalkboard sign like the one Brittany posted. You could also have a sign hanging from the door to your venue/ church.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Part of the program given to our guests included a wedding events timeline. This way they knew where the wedding was held and what time same for cocktail hour and reception. It made it easier than doing more than needed. Plus saved on the cost since it was printed at home.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the chalkboard look, it's my favourite !
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I like the chalkboard or wood rustic looking signs. You can go with whatever fits your venue. I have found big frames at thrift stores for a few dollars each, and I'll be turning them into signs.

You can also hand out cards that say it, where you could also include details like, your names, the parents names, & bridal party... but ultimately that might be more expensive depending on the size of your guestlist.

My ceremony is indoors, but downstairs from the main entrance, so I'm going to have an easel just inside the main entrance, with an arrow on the sign pointing downstairs for the ceremony, and an arrow pointing the other direction for the reception afterwards.

If you're having an outdoor ceremony, just having it out where people walk "in" to the ceremony space would work too!

ChalkboardWedding day time lines 2Wood PalletWedding day time lines 3

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am just doing a timeline program for the ceremony as it's a traditional church wedding with a full mass so I want people to know itll be a bit longer! As well as mention all the names of the bridal party, the priest and those giving readings! At the end it will mention cocktail hour starts at 530 at the venue!
    The timeline is mostly for you and your mc/DJ to keep the night on track but I wouldn't have a timeline available for my guests for the evening, let that be more of a surprise through the night of what's happening!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics