Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carolina
Beginner June 2019 Quebec

Wedding day makeup πŸ’„

Carolina, on May 7, 2019 at 14:07 Posted in Beauty 0 15
Hello ladies!
My friend will be doing my makeup for my wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions of products they love or tricks? Like a good setting spray or waterproof mascara that has worked for you? Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on May 8, 2019 at 11:58
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, glad to help out! Happy planning!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to agree with the other lady who suggested Laura Mercier translucent setting powder - it will hold that makeup in place.

one of my favourite foundations (which is the same one my makeup artist swears by for weddings) is Giorgio Armani. It provides the best coverage and isn’t heavy.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Product that I love: Laura Mercier translucent powder - it is amazing!

Like the others said, just make sure you try the products ASAP in case you have a reaction to them!!!

• Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! I will go to Sephora to get a consultation! Thanks for the help! ❀️
  • Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks you for your help! ❀️
  • Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve heard great things about that setting spray! Thanks for your help! πŸ™
  • Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your help!! ❀️
  • Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a good idea to get to smaller sizes to try out! Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Carolina
    Carolina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great tips! Thank you so much! Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off what my makeup artist told me was to get a good skin care routine going. This will significantly help you on your wedding day as it helps prevent breakouts or any other skin problems you may have.

I have 2 favourite setting sprays. The first one is the body shop setting spray. I love it because it really does help keep your makeup looking fresh and clean all day!
    The second one is one I just recently got. It is Skin & Co Truffle Therapy, I haven't used it a ton but I love how it makes my makeup look and give me a nice glow.
    Also make sure you have a good primer! I have 2 that I use. The first is Nivea 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer. I use it mostly for the moisturizer part. The main primer I use is Maybelline Master Prime and I love how it smooths out my skin!
    I also suggest getting new makeup brushes or really deep cleaning your brushes. This allows for a very clean application.
    Last suggestion I have is when getting a concealerget it the same shade as your skin, some people say to get it lighter but in the camera flash that will be noticable.
  • Laurence Carrier πŸ‘°πŸ»
    Newbie September 2020 Quebec
    Laurence Carrier πŸ‘°πŸ» Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    My first advice would be to try all of the products before. I recently had a reaction with a new eye product I just bought and my eyelid got swollen bad. It would be really unfortunate to have that kind of reaction on THE day.

One of my product suggestion would be the Urban Decay eye primer. I feel like the eyeshadows stay on better throughout the day with it. I also second Donna and Kelsi with the All Nighter setting spray, it works really well. My favorite waterproof mascara is the Lights, Camera, Splashes from Tarte. On my lashes, it is the perfect combination of volume and length! For the eyebrows, all of the Benefits products works wonder, as long as you find the perfect shade for you. Finally, I absolutely adore the highlighters from Becca.

Most of those products are available in smaller sizes, so if you’re not really into makeup (like me, sorry about the long post, I enjoy make up a bit too much) you’re not stuck spending on the regular sizes that you’ll never finish.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get pretty much everything I use from Nyx - I find their products are affordable and very good quality. I especially love their lip products. I just bought a scrub, and it's made my lips feel amazing.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This!! It is the best! The bottle also lasts me a really long time.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carolina,

Urban Decay has a great setting spray. I think it's called All Nighter Setting Spray.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Carolina! I love love Lisa Watier products. I would recommend going to somewhere like Shoppers Drug Mart or Sephora- they do makeup applications and can give you idea's on what type of makeup you would want for that day. Shoppers tend to even do applications for $10 or buy that of products. Then you can see how it all lasts before buying it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics