Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user December 2018 Alberta

Wedding colours

Sarah, on March 18, 2018 at 21:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
I cannot seem to stay with the same wedding colours. My wedding is Dec 15 so I still have time. Originally I was going with blues and purples. Now it's blues and slivers. But I seen a blue and a blush pink together and I fell in love with it. Anyone else having issues with sticking to colours?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on April 2, 2018 at 13:17
  • Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, I decided on black and gold glitter with Red Roses for the Reception and Gold and White for the Ceremony. My wedding is in Oct., and I wanted a formal look. There is also a french theme with Eiffel Towers for some of the Centerpieces!

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend got married in December. She did a winter wonderland theme with blues and silvers. It was stunning! Our bouquets were white with some silver accents. Blue and blush is what I will be doing in July. I have only ever seen blush pinks in the summer. Maybe a darker rose for the winter? Even a dusty rose is beautiful.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Galaxy is our colour pallet so we're doing black, blues, purples and touches of pink! The only thing not 100% decided is silver or gold accents... I agree it's so hard to stick when you see something you always want it even if it doesn't fully match your initial ideas haha!
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew gold would be an accent, with tons of succulents and pastels (desert wedding); but was torn between blush, champagnes, dusty blues, mauves. Went bm shopping with the girls and showed them a bunch of looks I liked. One picked a champagne dress and it looked so amazing the other went for the same palette and ta-da! Done. They will be such a focus of the pictures (which really is the only thing you have at the end of the day) that I felt matching my lovelies to objects was oddly impersonal and that I would instead match the wedding to them feeling and looking at their absolute best. I'll toss a bit of color into my bouquet and flowers that will compliment it all.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a navy, blush, gold wedding! I think you could easily sub gold for either champagne or silver though! Do a lot of pinteresting! That’s how I decided ^_^
  • Candace
    Beginner August 2019 New Brunswick
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I stayed with the same colors Black and hot pink
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I fancy pastels. So far I am still with Pink and light purple. But my Fiance wants a burgundy tuxedo. So I don't know if burgundy would fit in with my wedding colours or if I have to change the wedding colours in the end. I am in dilemma too honestly. I guess you are not the only one.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think off white will go just fine with blush. You can always add a blush flower to your hair or to a belt or wear a blush shoe if you're worried about tying in with the color theme, but I think you'll be fine without it

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started with Plum and Navy (January wedding), then I stuck to Navy, with blacks and silvers. Then I wanted to be Navy, Black & Sparkle... Personally, for that time of year, I think having classy dark colours (black and navy), with pops of light (sparkle, silver), is really a wow factor. Blush is beautiful, but I feel like it's more spring or autumn... It is 100% up to you, but keeping with almost more "neutral" colours (navy is sometimes considered neutral), you are going to have an easier time matching things and keeping tones consistent (versus trying to find the same shades of blush and/or purples).

Winter Moonlight Colour PaletteWedding colours 1

• Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally Navy and Coral... and now I have changed to Navy and Blush which is still similar but mote subtle and romantic.

My wedding is not until June of 2019 so I am sure I will change again before then.

I think blue and silver would look really nice for you in December.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kinda! I had originally started with blue and green... Now it's shifted to blue and peach... And none of my centrepieces have much colour in them at all! It's all wood and clear glass and light... I'm not too fussed about it, as long as it all comes together the way I want it!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been sticking with the same colors, I really like the navy blue but then I see different ones and think maybe should go with that. I have a long way yet before I have to decide though, I would also take into consideration on how the colors may look on the girls. I have a few people with red hair and blush wouldn't be complimenting.

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That dress is stunning ! Love!!
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re having a hard time, perhaps add a shade in to your combined color combinations. And do a lot of Pinterest browsing and figure out what kind of theme you want. I’m kind of going for a vintage glam, I fell Inlove with navy and blush pink.. I loves gold, but thought it would be too much. Luckily I’ve gotten used to the idea and have started to assemble everything Smiley smile

Wedding colours 2

Wedding colours 3

Wedding colours 4

Wedding colours 5
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm stuck between Sapphire blue and Marsala burgundy is really pretty together, or burgundy and light+dark greys. I've been googling fall weddings, and those seem to be the colours I am attracted to. December Wedding colours seem to be a mix between lights and dark's also.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree. I'm just thinking bridesmaids
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We changed colours a few times! Don't stress yet. The colours don't really need to be set in stone until your decorator needs things finalized.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I payed a few photos. Now my thing is that my dress is an off white so I'm not sure how it will all work with the second pallet photo that has the blush
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally it was the winter moonlight. But for the Bridesmaids i absolutely love that dress and the price is perfect.

Wedding colours 6

Wedding colours 7

Wedding colours 8
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked ours immediately and haven't changed them. We are doing a purple, gold, navy blue and beige colour palette for our wedding.
    I think bring a December wedding the blue and silver would be beautiful and feel a little Christmas like, the blush would be beautiful too but if it is the colour of your bridesmaids dresses then it might make them look extra pale. You can even combine them and do a blue and blush with little hints of silver Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I had a hard time as well. I couldn’t pick colours until I ordered swatches for the bridesmaids dresses and picked what the groom/groomsmen attire. Now they’re set in stone! Lol and I’m 5 months out. I had a good idea of what I wanted before picking their attire but it really helped having it all picked out officially.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your not alone. I originally wanted plum, & silver. Now I'm doing burgundy, blush and gold. BUT I'm torn and want to incl plum somehow. My wedding is sept. Struggle is real
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is normal. I went through a few changes when I was planning. I think you could totally play with a variation of all the colours you've mentioned in one palette.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's no need to limit yourself to only two colors, why not blue, blush, and silver, or blue, purple, and silver with some blush accents? Your color scheme should be there to help you, not limit you. All your ideas sound gorgeous. Do you have any inspo pictures?
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a navy blue with probably a blush pink and some gold/silver in there.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've literally gone through the exact same thing and I just ended up going to my decorator and literally picked what I liked from her Instagram and said "do that" lol. Go with what feels right and own your choice, it will all look amazing in the end.

• Sabrina
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of brides do! Don’t stress too much over it. Think about what colour your girls are wearing, you don’t want to match the table cloths to them or you. You can always use any other colour you like (blush, silver, purple) as an accent colour in bouquets or flower arrangements. Find a base Color and use the rest as accents! Best of luck in planning Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes!! I've also gone through a few different colour palettes. And to be completely honest I have no idea where I am with it now. Best advice is pick one and the buy somethings in the colours, that way your set and you have a reminder of how much you love it and can see it in person.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics