Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Clothes and Accessories

Hank, on October 29, 2020 at 19:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

Just curious, how many people are buying/renting something new for their outfits vs wearing something they already own or passed down from family? Other than the wedding bands, is anyone wearing jewelry from your own collection or are you buying new pieces for the wedding specifically?

If you're getting new things, which retailers are you shopping at?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 30, 2020 at 22:04
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. It definitely means a lot to have a piece of her with me all day long

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha I'm definitely considering some thermal underwear for under my dress!

We don't have a wedding party but my 2 year old nephew is going to wear a kilt! It's so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of them together. I'm sure when we have our big reception one day a lot of his friends will show up in kilts too.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes he is. I love the look he chose. I'm pretty excited to see him all dressed up. He wears a suit to work but its always the same one....he cleans up very nicely
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, that is awesome! Are his groomsmen going in kilts as well?

So almost everything for me is new, even my underwear! LOL I'm getting thermal underwear since it's a winter wedding and I can't layer up my bottoms. I bought a tuxedo for the first time so nothing in my closet except my socks can be repurposed for it, not even my watches. The only major thing I didn't need to buy are shoes. But it was fun shopping for everything and I spent the months during covid re-opening getting the best deal for everything I needed.

Fiancee's dress and veil is new but she inherited a bunch of jewelry from family that she'll incorporate into the outfit and she's rewearing some shoes she already owns. The only thing she may buy are hair pieces and maybe a shawl.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away but it's cool that you'll have something of hers with you on the day of.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

NICE! Very elegant and classy indeed. Is your FH still getting the morning-style dresscoat? Everything would look so well put together Smiley smile

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about you and your fiancée Hank?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For myself, my dress and veil is new. I'll be wearing my grandmothers diamond necklace and bracelet that she passed down to me before she passed away a few years ago.

For my fiance, he is renting his tux.

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost everything we’re wearing is new. I don’t wear much jewellery and neither does my mom, but I wanted to have something to make my outfit a bit more special. My partner is wearing his kilt, which he already owned, but bought a new jacket. He’s also wearing cuff links that have been passed down in his family.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to borrow my jewelry from my mom. She has quite a collections and I couldn't afford anything like she has 😅Wedding Clothes and Accessories 1
    I love sparkle but I also love the classic look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics