Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adriana
Frequent user August 2020 Alberta

Wedding Ceremony Decor Ideas

Adriana, on January 12, 2020 at 20:31 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

So I've added a photo here for the Ceremony Stage (below) we get to use for the wedding but I need help!For our ceremony decor we have an archway that will have white sheer curtains and some greenery on it but the only thing the venue has to hide the piano and drums on the stage (back of photo) is a black dividers. Does anyone have any ideas for what we can do to cover or hide it as much as possible? The look we are going for is a simple but rustic feel. We have white tulle for along the aisle and some bouquets of lace and burlap flowers for decor down the aisle as well. So does anyone have any ideas that don't/won't break the bank? We just can't afford much and I have no ideas but I feel if we leave the black backdrop will be a bad contrast? Or do you think it will be fine? Just would hate to get to the wedding and not have a backup if it looks horribleWedding Ceremony Decor Ideas 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 17, 2020 at 12:39
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you do a white sheet to cover it and just pin it to the floor?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its better to leave it then if it going to be empty and savings on your end.

• Adriana
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don't have a band so the whole stage will be clear but we cannot move the piano and drums at the back of the stage
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your ceremony will be nice to show the arch showing than the band behind it. Its your call to make and how you see it. Your final word is going to make the day special as you want it. Try it out and see if it works. You like the concept, keep it otherwise leave it alone as you choose.

• Adriana
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You think I should just leave it then and not try to cover it? Like do you think putting things on it or trying to cover it will draw unwanted attention to it?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Black backdrop seems a good idea though the colour as part of the wedding can work in your favour. The arch with white sheer will look nice in front of it so that the pictures will look better and not as blended. This way its better to remove the backdrop with wedding party help before the reception or leave the 2 end up to leave it as décor.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Genevieve, the black will probably just blend in.
    Strings of trinkle lights over the black would be pretty too. You can usually rent them from wedding decor companies or the church might have some in their Christmas decorations that they might let you borrow.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The black backdrop will probably just fade into the background of any decoration you put in front of it. Maybe put something beside your arches like tall arrangements to pull attention to the forefront, or something like lanterns along the edge to frame the backdrop as a wall.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics