Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Bands

Hank, on June 15, 2020 at 21:36 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

Just curious, are you getting matching bands? If not from the same set then something that looks like they could match ie same material, same colour?

If you ladies (the and few gents who are here) don't mind sharing what the guy's band looks like, it would help with some inspiration as I'm starting to shop around for my band Smiley laugh

27 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 28, 2020 at 14:34
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No we are not matching. i wanted my hubby to have something he wants to wear. so this is his and mine is just a circle with diamonds all around it that matches my engagement ring

https://www.overstock.ca/Jewelry-Watches/Mens-Tungsten-Carbide-Brushed-and-Polished-Beveled-Edge-Ring-7-mm/5085667/product.html?recset=0526d28e-deca-47e5-811e-d423f19dd82b&refccid=XMRTAGDVARXL2A2N6JUQAB5WLQ&searchidx=0&recalg=63&recidx=0&kwds=men%20wedding%20bands&rfmt=

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's awesome! I've had the best experience with them

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My ER is from Charm too!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So originally I was going to have a white gold band, but the ring we found and fell in love with is rose gold. FH always wanted a white gold (or silver - we're actually getting tungsten) band with a high polish. My band is rose gold with onyx, so not similar at all, but people will adapt

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The entire ring is white gold - but the middle has black rhodium on it. By now (8 months later), the black rhodium has worn off unfortunately... but we can always take it in to get it reapplied and it should cost anywhere from $75-$120ish to do that. You also have to have texture on your ring for it to stay on, so the criss-cross square pattern helps - but since my DH wears it every day and fiddles around with it always turning it around and around on his finger... it wore off faster than expected.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

NICE! And I agree with him, why should the ladies get all the bling? Smiley xd

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding Bands 1
    Wedding Bands 2

Here are ours!! They “match” in that they’re both by the same designer, and both white gold with sapphires. My FH was really keen on having a little bling in his lol.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rings are completely different! We looked at similar rings, but my now husband decided on a different one! He wanted one that he could wear when working and decided on a tungsten ring, and I got a princess cut white gold set! Wedding Bands 3
    Wedding Bands 4

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great! I'm sure you'll come away with bands that you love.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're definitely going to our jeweler that made my fiancee's engagement ring. They were able to whip up a ring based on a mock I created and gave advice/suggestions on how certain designs might impact our daily lives. The experience was so much better than going to a chain store.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks very much! My husband had my engagement ring custom made. We ended up having the bands made by the same person to match. If you like things matchy-matchy, it's much easier to get the rings all from the same place. We tried shopping around for bands first to save money, but it was a struggle and not necessarily cheaper than custom.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look awesome!

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! We used my engagement ring as the starting point when were looking at bands.
    Wedding Bands 5

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right on! I assume your engagement ring is also the same colour?

• Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got just plain gold bands. Mine is rose gold to match my engagement ring, and his is yellow gold, quite a bit thicker than mine too.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got similar bands. They are made by the same jeweller in the same gold. Mine is thinner and has diamonds on the top half, and his is plain all the way around.

Wedding Bands 6

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, we're not looking into buying a his and her set or anything like that. I was just more curious if people tried to make it believably match, either by metal type or colour, in some way.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's the material in the middle portion of his band? I like how the texture gives it some character.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which jeweler did you get your band at? I was looking into the V shape for the lady but the ones I've seen don't have any stones on the band.

I like how his ring doesn't look too thick.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our rings don't match, we also got them at different jewellers. His is a yellow gold band that he got custom engraved to have the LOTR inscripttion on the inside and mine is white gold and v-shaped with diamonds along the front.

Wedding Bands 7

• K
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rings are completely different! For my FH, he chose a Tungston wood inlay band; he loves the outdoors and wanted something that reflected that, and it's also a much more durable ring. Because he has a career where he works with his hands we also got silicone bands for while he's on the job. I chose a diamond ribbon wrapped contour band in rose gold; I wanted something that would sit flush to my engagement ring, and when they're together they almost help emphasize each other. I think it's more important that the Rings suit your individual personalities more than they match each other, after all, each of you has to wear it for the rest of your lives!Wedding Bands 8

Wedding Bands 9

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH hasn’t chosen his yet - it might be a matching material but our bands won’t match - mine will be a silver diamond band and his will probably be a silver or platinum band sans diamonds.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we got our pictures done before the ceremony we never got pictures of just the rings because we forgot... so this is literally the only one with our rings in it that was a selfie I took....

My wedding band just fits perfectly under my heart solitaire with his birthstone first on the left (when I look down at my ring) and my birthstone on the right because he comes first for me. His ring has my birthstone on the on the top (in the picture) because it's closer to his heart, with his birthstone on the bottom in the picture.
    Wedding Bands 10

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't currently have a picture of FH ring as it's getting engraved (I bought it for him 3 yrs ago & gave it to him on the 1 year anniversary of our engagement/Father's Day). Our rings our both white gold so they mostly match & my wedding band that I picked out has a bit of rose gold on the bottom.
    When picking out his ring we both went to the store & he picked out 3 or so rings he liked & would wear, got sized so I'd get the right fit. Then I went back weeks later & picked out the one I liked the most.
    I think it's more important that you find a ring that you like & that you'd be happy wearing rather than trying to match your spouse.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My band is matching to my engagement ring! And my fiance has gotten a black ceramic carbon fibre wedding band!

Wedding Bands 11

Wedding Bands 12

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, that's cool. Maybe I'll get something along those lines for when we travel to other countries (jewelry + customs = pain).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours don't match at all! My fiance has a very hands-on job so he picked a silicone ring that is designed to break if it gets caught rather than damage his hand. His ring looks like a dark buffed metal from a distance (the photo doesn't do it justice!) and mine is a thin white gold band. I did get a silicone one too for working out or any activities where I don't want to risk damaging my metal rings.

Wedding Bands 13

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics