Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie June 2019 Alberta

Website Advice

Janelle, on January 29, 2018 at 19:59 Posted in Tech support 2 10
I know wedding wire offers the option to build a wedding website through them, has anyone had any great or not great experiences with this? Or what other website did you use and love to build your own wedding website?

10 Comments

Latest activity by WeddingWire Support Team, on March 28, 2019 at 09:19
  • WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alex! Happy to help. You can actually set up Meal Tracking as part of the RSVP process - no need to set up a survey for that! Smiley smile You can find the instructions for this (along with some helpful screenshots) here:

https://www.weddingwire.ca/forums/new-rsvp-for-multiple-events-plus-meal-tracking--t15207

• Alex
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Joey! I actually have a question. Is it possible to create a private poll in which only the admins can see the responses? I'm trying to find a way to add a poll to see what meal choices people will be selecting, but I don't want everyone to see what people are selecting.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't like wedding wire for their website- I find that "the knot" is far superior as far as website building goes. but wedding wire is better for everything else.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Janelle, did you give our wedding website builder a try yet? Are there any questions I can answer for you?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like using the Wedding wire site and app for the budget section.
    The wedding wire site backgrounds etc didn't really go with our vision. Modern theme etc.
    The site I used is www.withjoy.com.
    I really like it for the look, it's user friendly.
    The only thing I did was deactivated RSVP feature because we are mailing out our invites and I didn't want to confuse the guests by having 2 RSVP options.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used the wedding wire website, people seeem to navigate it pretty well. if you want to check ours out feel free. our website is www.buddylovescarol.com

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used wedding wire to build my website and so far I really like it. I have added all the details of the wedding and some pictures and extra info for out of town guests. I did not like the way wedding wire has the RSVP set up. We are having a plated dinner and I found it to be not as streamed lined as I would like for guests picking their meal choice. I signed up for RSVPify and it has been great! It is free from the first 100 invites then 60 bucks or something if you have more. I just linked the RSVPify site to the wedding wire site.

• J
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Janelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was going to use it to do rsvps and give guests wedding information Smiley smile. For example a timeline, and hotel information, maybe registry info as well. Not a dumb question.
  • Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stupid question I just seen the option for the website to. But what is the purpose of having a website?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is a techie, so we decided to do our own website. He bought the domain name (which is our names so it's simple!) and he bought a website design from Joomla I think. So, it's not free, but we have a lot more freedom as to what we want it to look like. If you don't know much about code and designing websites, I wouldn't go this route.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics