Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Frequent user April 2021 Ontario

We got married despite the pandemic

Megan, on April 24, 2020 at 13:45 Posted in Just married 15 50

Hey all,

I thought I'd post the outcome of our postponed wedding. We decided to get legally married on our front lawn with our officiant and two witnesses, and our immediate family watched from their cars (and neighbours - free entertainment!). We officially postponed our wedding reception for more than a year, but at the end of the day we really wanted to get married. It was still a really special day that we'll never forget. We celebrated with cake from our bakery who made us a smaller version, we picked up takeout from our favourite local restaurant (in our wedding outfits no less), and we facetimed all of our extended family with some drinks. I hope this makes someone smile - I just got some pictures back today Smiley smile

We got married despite the pandemic 1

We got married despite the pandemic 2

We got married despite the pandemic 3

We got married despite the pandemic 4

We got married despite the pandemic 5

We got married despite the pandemic 6

We got married despite the pandemic 7

50 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on June 2, 2020 at 10:28
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful!! This is so so special. Glad you went ahead with your original date!

Our date is set for October 2 of this year. We are going to go ahead with it whether it can be 5 people, 10, 50 or 100! Thanks for posting these pictures. Smiley smile

• Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!! So cute Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awhhhhh omg this is beautiful! Congratulations to the both of you & your families! Glad you got to get married even with the whole pandemic! 🥰
  • E
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! So happy you did that... we are planning the same 🎂
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

AMAZING!!! congrats to you both!!!

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! We also plan on getting legally married our original date and love hearing how everyone is doing it!
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This makes me so happy !! Our date is July 18 and are making decision this weekend on if we have with just us or postpone. I am glad to see that you had a beautiful time and love the pics! Makes me feel hopeful
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So beautiful. Congratulations. So nice it all worked out for you both

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! It's so heartwarming to see those make the most of a difficult situation. And now you get to celebrate twice! How fun would it be to celebrate on your first anniversary with everyone.

• Melina
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Melina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! 🥂❤️

We are supposed to get married August 15th and are wanting to do the same; have a small ceremony this year and then redo the big day with all our guests at a later date! As my fiancé is Italian, he has a large immediate family here in town, so we are really hoping the government allows larger public gatherings by August! 🤞🏻
  • M
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    Mikayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look beautiful! Congrats. This brings me hope and makes me look forward to my wedding in August (whatever happens). Thank you for sharing so happy to see you wore your dress! Brings me so much joy to see you happy with changed plans
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so amazingl, You can clearly see how much he loves you from the way he looks at you. Such a beautiful couple! These made me tear up!

Congrats to you two! Smiley ring

• Emily
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This melted my whole heart! Congrats you two!

• C
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is wonderful, so glad to hear it was every bit as special!! We are getting married July 3rd and planning on doing the same - small ceremony and then celebrating a vow renewal a year out. Beautiful pictures!

• Kimberly
    Curious September 2023 British Columbia
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this. It really did make me smile. Congrats.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! My fingers are crossed!! 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are beautiful photos Savannah, congratulations!! So awesome you made your day work. May I ask where you found a marriage license? My wedding isn't until July 25 but since we're within the 90 day period I'm really starting to get antsy about when municipalities will issue marriage licenses again.

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats!! You look awesome. I love the picture with the corona and toilet paper - that was on our to-do list but I totally forgot. I agree, almost everyone was supportive, but you can't make everyone happy. We're going to renew our vows and make them much more personal when we do it again in a year Smiley smile

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats!! Great pictures Smiley smile Crossing my fingers that your August celebration can happen.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! We were supposed to be married May 23rd, after finally finding a municipality still offering licenses we rolled with our luck and too decided to do a small ceremony at home with our witnesses and minister, parents from a distance and family joining via video chat! It was definitely not our ideal plan, but we’re happy to atleast legally be married! We postponed our wedding from May to August, hoping restrictions will be lifted enough for us to have our small celebration with family and friends, if not next plan C lol. Here’s some pictures from our day! We got married despite the pandemic 8
    We got married despite the pandemic 9

We got married despite the pandemic 10

We got married despite the pandemic 11

We got married despite the pandemic 12

• Sheri-Lyn
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Sheri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

Our Wedding was supposed to be May 30th and we are debating the option of a small legal ceremony to keep our original picked date with just us our officiant and witnesses to sign. And next year we have booked to have our wedding and still a ceremony which would be like a vow renewal but still have the ceremony everyone we want there can be there for. I don't currently have my wedding dress so we are even thinking keeping our wedding outfits all for the day in 2021.

• Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s amazing Megan! We did the same thing on April 18th and I was afraid that I’d have regrets not waiting but I’m so happy we went ahead with it. 99% of people were happy for us and we had two people who expressed their frustrations that we got married without them there but these were family members that we are not even close with. It hurt at first but I just remind myself that their frustrations aren’t relevant in my marriage. Those people will get to see us renew our vows next April 17th anyways.

The photos are beautiful and you both look flawless! Congrats fellow wife!! 🎉🥰🤍

Ps here are some from mine! We got married despite the pandemic 13We got married despite the pandemic 14
    We got married despite the pandemic 15

We got married despite the pandemic 16

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is great that you both made the best of it and had guests (in their cars) Your dress looks so perfect on you!! Congratulations on your marriage.
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for sharing and congratulations. This is amazing.
  • Naomi
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow this is so beautiful, this goes to show love is stronger than anything. I’m so glad you were still able to have your family witness you union. Congratulations to you and your husband I wish you both a happy and successful marriage!
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Megan,

I don't even know you these pics have made my day! Good for you!! This will be a beautiful memory for you and your whole family for years and years. Congratulations Smiley smile

• E
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much for sharing! Our wedding is in August and my fiancé and I have been struggling with the idea of having a small ceremony on our original date and a reception at a later time, but seeing your pictures and just how truly beautiful a small ceremony can be has really helped us! Thank you ❤️
  • Tracey
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations. We are to be married early August and aren't sure what to do. Best man is coming from England so probably will be next year as well.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awww first off WOW you look amazing. I'm so happy that you had a great day for your wedding. All the best to both of you.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for sharing ♥️
  • Jessica
    Newbie June 2020 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! My wedding is in June and we will most likely just have a few people there. It’s inspiring to see others make the same decision and have really beautiful weddings.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This so sweet and inspiring. Congratulations! And thank you for sharing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics