You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Megan
Frequent user April 2020 Ontario

We got married despite the pandemic

Megan, on April 24, 2020 at 13:45 Posted in Just Married 16 48
Saved Save

Hey all,

I thought I'd post the outcome of our postponed wedding. We decided to get legally married on our front lawn with our officiant and two witnesses, and our immediate family watched from their cars (and neighbours - free entertainment!). We officially postponed our wedding reception for more than a year, but at the end of the day we really wanted to get married. It was still a really special day that we'll never forget. We celebrated with cake from our bakery who made us a smaller version, we picked up takeout from our favourite local restaurant (in our wedding outfits no less), and we facetimed all of our extended family with some drinks. I hope this makes someone smile - I just got some pictures back today Smiley smile

We got married despite the pandemic 1

We got married despite the pandemic 2

We got married despite the pandemic 3

We got married despite the pandemic 4

We got married despite the pandemic 5

We got married despite the pandemic 6

We got married despite the pandemic 7

48 Comments

• Kayla
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Kayla
    • Dispute
    Awhhhhh omg this is beautiful! Congratulations to the both of you & your families! Glad you got to get married even with the whole pandemic! 馃グ
  • Elizabeth
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Elizabeth
    • Dispute
    Congratulations!! So happy you did that... we are planning the same 馃巶
  • Ashley
    Featured August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley
    • Dispute

AMAZING!!! congrats to you both!!!

• Patricia
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Patricia
    • Dispute
    Congratulations! We also plan on getting legally married our original date and love hearing how everyone is doing it!
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann
    • Dispute
    This makes me so happy !! Our date is July 18 and are making decision this weekend on if we have with just us or postpone. I am glad to see that you had a beautiful time and love the pics! Makes me feel hopeful
  • Marsha
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Marsha
    • Dispute

So beautiful. Congratulations. So nice it all worked out for you both

• Laura
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Laura
    • Dispute

Congratulations!! It's so heartwarming to see those make the most of a difficult situation. And now you get to celebrate twice! How fun would it be to celebrate on your first anniversary with everyone.

• Melina
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Melina
    • Dispute
    Absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! 馃鉂わ笍

We are supposed to get married August 15th and are wanting to do the same; have a small ceremony this year and then redo the big day with all our guests at a later date! As my fianc茅 is Italian, he has a large immediate family here in town, so we are really hoping the government allows larger public gatherings by August! 馃馃徎
  • Mikayla
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    Mikayla
    • Dispute
    You look beautiful! Congrats. This brings me hope and makes me look forward to my wedding in August (whatever happens). Thank you for sharing so happy to see you wore your dress! Brings me so much joy to see you happy with changed plans
  • Kristen
    Curious August 2020 British Columbia
    Kristen
    • Dispute

This is so amazingl, You can clearly see how much he loves you from the way he looks at you. Such a beautiful couple! These made me tear up!

Congrats to you two! Smiley ring

• Emily
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Emily
    • Dispute

This melted my whole heart! Congrats you two!

• Chelsey
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Chelsey
    • Dispute

This is wonderful, so glad to hear it was every bit as special!! We are getting married July 3rd and planning on doing the same - small ceremony and then celebrating a vow renewal a year out. Beautiful pictures!

• Kimberly
    Beginner September 2021 British Columbia
    Kimberly
    • Dispute
    Love this. It really did make me smile. Congrats.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Savannah
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you! My fingers are crossed!! 馃馃徏馃馃徏
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

These are beautiful photos Savannah, congratulations!! So awesome you made your day work. May I ask where you found a marriage license? My wedding isn't until July 25 but since we're within the 90 day period I'm really starting to get antsy about when municipalities will issue marriage licenses again.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Megan
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Congrats!! You look awesome. I love the picture with the corona and toilet paper - that was on our to-do list but I totally forgot. I agree, almost everyone was supportive, but you can't make everyone happy. We're going to renew our vows and make them much more personal when we do it again in a year Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

Related articles