Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2022 Alberta

We got married!

April, on June 5, 2020 at 13:38 Posted in Just married 0 15

Hi Everyone,

So we had to postpone our August 23, 2020 wedding due to the Covid19 pandemic and our province only allowing 15 people max. We changed our date to May 8, 2021 and then we decided why are we waiting? We ended up getting married May 8, 2020! We plan on having a 1 year vow renewal as well as our big party next year!

It was so sad having to change the date because we had already done so much and paid so much, but once we were like hey lets do this, it made things much better. We now have another year to continue planning and adding and taking away things, plus by next May *hopefully* everything will be back to normal and everyone will need something to celebrate!

So, onto the good stuff. The location we chose was a big park between our 2 childhood homes. We both played there as kids and thought it would be nice! My wedding gown did not arrive in time so I ordered a 2 piece (halter and long skirt) from Lulus, it did not arrive! I happened upon a sample sale at the bridal shop I purchased my dress from and found a Jenny Yoo dress. I was not sure of sizing, but the owner brought the dress right to my house (yay for having family friends who own bridal shops!!) and it actually fit PERFECTLY. Husband wore nice pants, shoes and his sisters boyfriend gave him a shirt which was so kind. We are not dress up people at all, so for him to give husband a shirt was literally just the nicest thing!

One of my bridesmaids came over and curled my hair for me, I did my makeup. I had a bouquet made for me from the same flower shop doing my wedding flowers and she also made a boutonniere. It was so beautiful, I cried a touch when my sweet little nieces (9,9,2) gave it to me!

It rained. It stormed. I was concerned. We were about to begin and I swear the heavens opened up, rain, hail, thunder-you name it. It lasted about 20 minutes. I was freaking out, but it suddenly stopped and man did it turn into a gorgeous day.

We had our immediate family come out and we had sooo many people in cars. The neighbors across the street even got into it and cheered us on, people out walking dogs stopped to watch. Everyone took care to keep space between each other. Speaking of the neighbors watching, they actually ran over a towel for us to wipe down a bench so we could sign out paperwork as well as our witnesses.

After we took photos (again yay for family friends who are photographers!) most people came back to our home and we had pizza. My brother and his wife surprised us with a cake and honestly it was just wonderful.

I hope for those who are concerned about postponing read this and feel a bit better. Also note we slapped this pup together in 2 weeks! It was the most perfect day and I truly would not trade it for the world.

Also! A random pooch photobombed me lol, her owner was running after her screaming her head off to not jump on me, it was really cute/

If you have questions, please let me know!

We got married! 1

We got married! 2

We got married! 3

We got married! 4

We got married! 5

We got married! 6

We got married! 7

We got married! 8

15 Comments

Latest activity by Sheri-Lyn, on June 24, 2020 at 12:12
  • Sheri-Lyn
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Sheri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations, it sounds amazing!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

CONGATS!!!!!!!!! the cake looks so nice!!!

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful!! I love your pictures, and your day sounds amazing. We are sort of planning to do the same thing if our original wedding can't go through as planned. Congratulations!!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!! Your pictures are gorgeous! We were in the same boat, supposed to get married May 23rd, struggled getting a license, got a license end of April and figured why the heck not and did a small ceremony at home with our minister, witnesses, and parents from a distance, we’re restricted to no more than 5 in our province. While it’s not what we originally had planned we are looking forward to celebrating on our 1st anniversary when it is hopefully a lot safer to gather and there’s less restrictions!
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stories like this make me excited for our small ceremony this August! (We've postponed our big wedding to 2021 as well). You and your hubby look so happy and the pictures turned out beautiful! Smiley smile. Congratulations!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Its great to hear everyone had a great view including the neighbours watching and people/pets walking along. Its always nice to hear great experiences during this time and all the surprises that came along with your day of family friends helping out with their offerings.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes to all of this! You looked beautiful! That dress was made for you!! Congratulations! 🎉💕
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!! Love the pictures!

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!!! Love your dress! Everything looks so beautiful! 💗
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! It truly was a beautiful ceremony on a beautiful day.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would not have believe the weather was crazy before these photos, it looks like it turned out to be a beautiful day! Smiley smile We are looking at doing the same thing as you; we dont feel the need to wait a whole year.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! 🥳🍾🥂🎉
    It looks like you had a beautiful day!
  • Darmae
    Curious December 2020 Ontario
    Darmae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations💕
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Smiley ring Love the photo-bomb Smiley tongue

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I love hearing these stories Smiley smile

Your dress is absolutely beautiful and it sounded like the most perfect day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics