Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

We did it!

Tyanna, on June 30, 2019 at 11:37 Posted in Just married 0 23
I've been super absent from WW in the last few months. Back in April we found out we are expecting our first child in December so things got even more hectic from us!

Luckily my bridal store was INCREDIBLE and handled my panic and fear of my dress not fitting and made everything so easy and stress free for me.

We had hiccups, with a groomsman that ditched a week before the date, a bartender that bailed out a week before(she was supposed to buy all booze, ice, cups, liquor license, etc) leaving us scrambling with a huge bill very shortly before our big day, and suit rentals for the jr groomsman and ring bearer costing $250 each rather than the $140 that we were quoted and no one would budge on the price because we didn't have it in formal writing 🙄🤬

Back in April I made a decision to fire my photographer as she had been less than professional and shown up to both my engagement shoot and my surprise bridal shower hungover (and had posted about it all over social media!) Thia was after having issues with her cancelling on our engagement shoot last minute to party in Vegas but lying to me about it, and then never sharing any sneak peeks with me because (and I quote) "your photos don't suit the style of my feed" aka "you're not a size 2 and you don't look like a barbie". Anyway, she kept my $750 deposit and i went and hired my second choice who I am now kicking myself for not hiring originally.

All of this aside, I am SO amazed with the wedding. The day went off without anythjng too crazy happening, and whatever issues arise were taken care of by everyone else as they tried to keep me uninvolved.

I've gotten a few photos back from my photographer and will share them below (I'm in love with them🥰🥰) and will share some other photos of the day!

Brides, make sure you have someone standing beside you who you can trust to take care of the things that go wrong the day of. My sister and other bridesmaids (along with my parents and mother in law) literally kept the day going without me even knowing anything was going differently than it should have been. Had I been aware, I probably would have been a (very sober) basketcase!

If you cant do a honeymoon right away but can take off when for a few days, I highly recommend it! We went to tofino with my sister and her boyfriend the sahil after the wedding to camp for 3 days and it was exactly what we needed to settle in to our new life. We are hoping for a September honeymoon in New York before baby arrives in December, but I'm forever grateful for those 3 days we got away!

We did it! 1

We did it! 2

We did it! 3

We did it! 4

We did it! 5

We did it! 6

We did it! 7

We did it! 8

We did it! 9

We did it! 10

We did it! 11

23 Comments

Latest activity by Missa, on July 3, 2019 at 13:46
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful!!! I am so happy that you enjoyed your day despite the craziness of the planning. I never realized how stressful planning a wedding was before the last couple of weeks!

Congrats on the baby as well !

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You two look amazing and it looks like such an incredible day! Congratulations Tyanna!!!

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the baby news!! Your year will get supper exciting again soon. The wedding pics look lovely!! You look amazing and your dress is GORGEOUS!

• Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so happy for you and Congratulations! You look fabulous! Love your dress and cake!
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The photos are amazing! I am so happy to hear that your team of people handled things for you instead of having you involved. It is your day to the bride and not a planner. The mini honeymoon looks fun. I have always wanted to go to Tofino too. Congradulations!!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tyanna, these are stunning, your dress, your cake. I am so excited for you and for the all the firsts that are coming your way. Congratulations on everything!!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So happy for you. You look so happy and beautiful. That first picture is magic. And your cake was gorgeous!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on both the wedding and your soon to be baby! The photo's look amazing and glad all worked out. Sounds like you handled the hicups very well before hand. As for that before hand photographer- O M G that is horrible and extremely unprofessional!!! I can't imagine dealing with that

• Sheri-Lyn
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Sheri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! I am glad everything worked out for you on your big day! Thanks for sharing.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your big news 🍼 That's amazing! Exciting times ahead!

Also a massive congratulations on your wedding Smiley ring

Everything looked wonderful! Thank you for sharing Smiley smile

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! What an exciting future ahead for you. Lovely photos, I love the set up of the reception, I met it was so pretty at night with the overhead lights strung like that. That is great that you had an amazing team for your wedding day to keep things operating smoothly in the background for you. Thanks for sharing!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!!! Can't believe you will have a bundle of joy by the end of the year!! All the best in married life and parenthood!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So happy for you! congratulations on the baby as well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations.. your pictures are beautiful.. I love the guest sign in idea!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those pictures are great!!! Congrats!

And i I love those matching Friends shirts!!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow, you looks amazing and the photos are great! Sorry for all the issues that came up, but glad to hear your day was great! Congratulations!
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! I love your Friends t shirts
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your photos are stunning! I’m so sorry your first photographer wasn’t professional at all and you had a few hiccups but it sounds like you had an amazing time on your big day and that’s all that matters!

congratulations to you and your husband and for your new bundle of joy on the way!!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That seemed like a crazy stressful thing to deal with right before the wedding, especially being pregnant, I was pregnant during the bulk of wedding planning and having a baby during the last 6 months I almost lost my mind and if what happened to you happened to me I would have! So glad it all worked out for you!!
    So congratulations in both the baby and your wedding!! The photos are beautiful, the first one is to die for!!! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Also we had almost the exact same guest book! My guests loved it.
    Congratulations again and now relax, enjoy married life and get ready for your little one!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad everything went great with your wedding Tyanna!! Congratulations on your wedding, your unborn child, and getting through those tough months!

I'm glad you ended up firing the old photographer, she wasn't professional with you, especially the comments about you not being a Barbie Bride. But your new photographer did a great job with your wedding!

I hope you have fun in September on your honeymoon, and your December is blessed with the arrival of your beautiful child.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! I love the pic with your veil! How did your photographer capture that?
    You looked beautiful! I'm glad things went well. I can see all of your hard work paid off!
    Congrats on the pregnancy too!!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So glad that after everything that had gone wrong you guys had an amazing day. The pictures are beautiful!
    Congrats on your wedding and new baby coming soon! So exciting!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice pictures though the angle is bit odd. Glad you stuck to your guns with the cancellation and let go of the photographer, which wasn't worth the hassle.

Its great to hear your day went smooth and wonderful with all the great moments to enjoy. Congrats to you both. Congrats on the news of your pregnancy too and to look forward to having a family started soon.

Enjoy your honeymoon in New York in September.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics